How I lose 10kg in 4 months. Healthy approach

Options
Four months seems to be a short time for some people. But for me it has been a long food's journey. It is the first time in my life that I have been constant to follow and believe in sort of food regime. DIET?? I don´t call it diet, I call it a style of healthy living

Here pictures from june and August 2014 when I was at home in Ecuador. My mother cooked so well that I did not stop eating all what I could. Imagine, I live in Czech Republic and the food we have in here(pork+dumplings) is very different to my beloved Ceviche and traditional Ecuadorian sea food dishes(Full of carbs and plantains), the last trip cost me 5kg more.
a2w1ans8843t.jpg

I’m 26 years old, 1.65 cm .. apparently my ideal weight is 50-55 kg…

Since my 20’s I have been earning 2kg per year in August 2014 my weight was 75kg (overweight)

What I did to lose 10 kg in 4 months

I choose 2 days of the week, non consecutive days. 2 days in which I’m busy and I have fewer chances to fail.
Those 2 days of every week THE FASTEN DAYS, I consume just 500 cal. Normally per day my consumption is 1200 cal (according to fitnesspal).
I’m not an active person; I work in front of the computer from 8am to 8pm . Workouts ? , I did it sometimes when I was bored (on weekends - dancing :blush: ).
You are wondering , 500 cal in one DAY??? , and example: let’s say on breakfast you eat kiwi and tea (50cal), on lunch chicken soup and tomato salad (70+30 cal) and for dinner; you eat tuna fish with salad and bread (300cal ).You still can eat a 50 cal snack during the day, that will sum 500 cal in one diet day. The other days of the week (5day) you can eat whatever you want.
Can you call this a diet? If you chose wisely your meals, You don’t have to starve.
My flatmates are testing this diet and guess what, It's working for them as well :D , My friend Misha doesn't have breakfast on Fasten days, she prefer to drink tea all morning, at 13.00 she eats a piece of chicken with salad and for dinner soup and more tea. The advantage is the flexibility and that you can alternate what suits better to your life style.

Doctors call it The Fasten diet. In some web sites 5:2 intermittent fasting http://thefastdiet.co.uk/ (more info) .It was created by doctors for people with heart issues or simple patients that need to lose some kilo after operation. After an extensive scientific research I convince myself that this approach was the one for me (not bouncing effects), eating what I want but taking care of the amount of it , controlling calories (it seem to be hard but when you find the trick and using fitnesspal, it's sooo easy) Now I consider twice before eating junky food and I choose homemade food, organic , veggie, soja meat..... (to be continue..)

Here after 4 months
5vv8d81c26tp.jpg

I’m still on my way to get back to my weight when I was Miss Duran in 2012 (55kg ), I’m eager to new challenges so since one month I'm practicing joga in the morning to tonify my body.
I would like to share my tips and everything in detail about this experience in other posts, maybe I can help more people that feel identified with me, or curious readers that may like to try it.

Comment if you have any question or if you experience this diet as me

Love and Good vibes

Felina <3

Replies

• OMFGItzAndre
    OMFGItzAndre Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    1bluims8iaom.gif

Amazing (Drooling all over keyboard)
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    Well done! :) I have a friend from Ecuador and I know your cuisine is surprisingly varied and fresh, and you eat very well and I can relate so much to your story...

I moved country and I put weight on too. I used to have a Mediterranean diet but now the range of fish/veggies/fruits available is so limited here... I started eating wrong things, for example too many pasta and rice, and gained weight. Also, cause I am working very long hours, I hardly ever worked out. However now I feel like my time of change has come, and I truly want to lose body fat once and for all. I miss doing exercise and being fit.
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Well done sweetie! You look really different in the second set of pics and more confident. :smile:

I've heard great things about the 5:2 diet, but I've never been any good at fasting, so I'm just sticking to the MFP calories instead and that seems to be working out well too.
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Te ves muy bien. tremendo trabajo felicidades
  • felinafu
    felinafu Posts: 6 Member
    Options

berto23 wrote: »
    Te ves muy bien. tremendo trabajo felicidades

Gracias
  • felinafu
    Options
    Well done sweetie! You look really different in the second set of pics and more confident. :smile:

I've heard great things about the 5:2 diet, but I've never been any good at fasting, so I'm just sticking to the MFP calories instead and that seems to be working out well too.

If it is working for you, there is not way back..... for me 5:2 works very good and I dont feel weak or sick. If im not fasting for one week for eg., I dont recover the kg I lost ... thanks
  • felinafu
    Options
    Looking Amazing!!!! Though you look beautiful in all your pictures. =) Well done and congrats on your achievement!

I know a few people who do the 5:2 for maintenance and they love it, though it's one of those things you need to enjoy doing. I started doing it for December as this is my "party month" and so far I'm maintaining nicely. =D

Thank you for sharing your journey with us! <3

5:2 is like a Lifestyle for me, now for Christmas and New year Im not fasting but im still Controlling what I eat, yes you are right, you must enjoy doing this, im glad to read that is also working for you. by following 5:2 diet i learn to eat wisely. thanks for commenting

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • flatlndr
    flatlndr Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • felinafu
    Options
    Well done! :) I have a friend from Ecuador and I know your cuisine is surprisingly varied and fresh, and you eat very well and I can relate so much to your story...

I moved country and I put weight on too. I used to have a Mediterranean diet but now the range of fish/veggies/fruits available is so limited here... I started eating wrong things, for example too many pasta and rice, and gained weight. Also, cause I am working very long hours, I hardly ever worked out. However now I feel like my time of change has come, and I truly want to lose body fat once and for all. I miss doing exercise and being fit.

I was in the same situation until i saw that i didn't fit in any of my Jeans, that was the RED LIGHT for me, i dont go to gym i barely went jogging few times, I did not try any diet but i was trying to lose weight in the wrong way, according to theory ... theory and reading, bio, healthy, etc. But i knew that all the extra kg i got it was because i used to eat wrong , i was not a clever consumer , never reading the labels of what i was eating .... and not doing activities, i would like to inspire you to start with small challenges small steps , get into and try... Once you see it is working, hell yeah its working... :D :::dont give up!!!!

My best wishes
    Felina
  • ojay85
    ojay85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    wow just wow, way to go Girl!! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!