Not giving up this time!

Options
Hello, all! I've never put this all out in the open, but here it goes:

I have been on a roller-coaster for the past few years, both physically and mentally. I got married, moved away from home, and started graduate school, all while trying Weight Watchers, Isagenix, and all sorts of "dieting supplements." I have also been using MFP on and off again.

About a week ago, I stepped onto a scale and could not believe the number I was seeing...it was the highest it had ever been. I was mortified. I knew my clothes were fitting tighter and it was getting increasingly difficult to do small tasks such as climbing one flight of stairs, but I had just been calling it "laziness." Unfortunately, it's not just laziness - I physically cannot walk up a flight of stairs without being ridiculously out of breath.

Since stepping onto that scale, I have decided that I want to change. I want to FEEL good - if looking better is a side effect, that's great! I started back up with MFP and purchased an activity tracker, which buzzes and tells me to MOVE! when I've been sitting too long. It's great! I also started some Fitness Blender videos and finished Day 2 of the Workout for Busy People (at 6:30 this morning!). If you haven't used it yet, please check out FitnessBlender.com - they have completely FREE workouts!

Anyways, I could really use some friends with kind words of encouragement! I am determined to make my healthier lifestyle last more than one month this time!

Replies

• bds3
    bds3 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congrads on getting married and good luck with grad school. Most of all congrads on the success you are about to achive becoming more healthy!!! It is hard work to realize you are falling off the "healthy train" and back into the couch potato lifestyle and then catching that train again. I know you can do it because I can hear the conviction in your post.

I myself have fallen many times but I have a great roommate who encourges me to get started again. I have lost thirty something pounds with some ups and downs but the key is to stay focused. Like you I just want to be healthy and if I look better in the process then yay me thats a bouns. This is the first time I have posted on anyones post but I will look forward to seeing your progress and cheering you on as you strive for your goal.

Good luck!!!!!
  • kristen_snow
    kristen_snow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I would love to take on this journey with you. I find myself in the same predicament!
  • corriebenedict
    corriebenedict Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You got this. Check out Pinterest for healthy food alternatives and keep putting yourself out there, the more accountable you make yourself the more likely you are to stay on track! Best of luck.
  • ichoosehope
    Options
    Thank you for your post and for the tip for Fitness Blender. You will do it this time!
  • ItsKacky
    ItsKacky Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm back after completely giving up........Don't rely on others recognizing, and commenting on your weight loss. I worked sooo hard to lose 15 pounds, and nobody noticed--even when I ASKED, people said they did not see a difference. I STUPIDLY gave up, and re-gained 13 pounds!! I must have a really BIG ego. I'm starting over, and don't plan on ANYBODY giving me positive feedback---except here!!! And I'd LOVE some new friends here too!!! Please add me if you'd like!
  • BillRicks1
    BillRicks1 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Remember it's 80% nutrition, 20% exercise and 100% attitude. You bring the attitude, we can work on the rest!
  • CarrieRenee1231
    CarrieRenee1231 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, you all are so awesome! Thank you :D