ANY PAGEANT MOMS?

Options
mjoslin1990
mjoslin1990 Posts: 142 Member
Just wondering if there are any moms out there that put their little ones in pageants? If so add me!

My daughter is 14months, and she has done 2 pageants, but we love them! I make her outfits and she shows them off :)

Figured I might stay active on here if I had something other then weight loss to talk about!

(disclaimer, a lot of people I'm sure will have an "opinion" to state on here, say what you feel you must, but lets keep it drama free please)

Replies

• sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    confusedears.jpg
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Nope. It never interested me. I think it's all pretty silly.
  • mjoslin1990
    Options
    i guess none......
  • mjoslin1990
    Options
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Im not a pagent mom but im always off subject. Add me
  • Archerychickge
    Archerychickge Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with pagents as long as it doesn't get out of hand and people don't become obsessive about them. I think you're good to go on that because by making the clothes your daughter wears, you're saving a ton of money vs the folks who just go buy them and spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Enjoy it, have fun with it, and if your daughter ever decides she doesn't want to do it anymore, don't force her. Find another activity she likes and participate in it with her or cheer for her from the sidelines...

:)
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    tezLE08dxGS08.gif[img][/img]
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Nothing quite like the overt sexualization of very young children to get them started on a healthy path with sound body image. SMH.
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    Nothing quite like the overt sexualization of very young children to get them started on a healthy path with sound body image. SMH.

Aaaannnnd.....we're off.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    toddlers-and-tiaras-honey-boo-boo-tlc.gif
  • ThePoeToaster
    ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
    Options
    Please. Don't be that guy.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I don't get the Pageant thing at all. A two or three year old would rather be playing. I think the Pageant thing is more about some unfilled need in the parent. I'm sure that as the child gets older and feeds off the adulation they begin to assimilate to it. Personally, I think that dressing a child up light a slutty teenager is abuse.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I don't get the Pageant thing at all. A two or three year old would rather be playing. I think the Pageant thing is more about some unfilled need in the parent. I'm sure that as the child gets older and feeds off the adulation they begin to assimilate to it. Personally, I think that dressing a child up light a slutty teenager is abuse.

I couldn't agree more...

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »

I couldn't agree more...
    Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to villify the parent. But I think they should take a long hard look at why they are doing something. Maybe they should enter pageants of their own.

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options

This exactly.
  • kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »

Best post ever.
  • SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Lisa1971 wrote: »

This exactly.

As dad I agree
  • Sinistrous
    Sinistrous Posts: 5,589 Member
    Options

0ddf8279dadfcdb7586110e16c49f199.png

Not that I'd wish anyone that, but.. If only trading places were allowed, y'know...

• Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Just wondering if there are any moms out there that put their little ones in pageants? If so add me!

My daughter is 14months, and she has done 2 pageants, but we love them! I make her outfits and she shows them off :)

Figured I might stay active on here if I had something other then weight loss to talk about!

(disclaimer, a lot of people I'm sure will have an "opinion" to state on here, say what you feel you must, but lets keep it drama free please)

"we"
    Mkay.
  • PRMinx
    Options
    Sinistrous wrote: »

0ddf8279dadfcdb7586110e16c49f199.png

Not that I'd wish anyone that, but.. If only trading places were allowed, y'know...

That's just not right.