In-Progress: 54 Pounds from January 2014 to January 2015

Options
gramarye
gramarye Posts: 586 Member
I've debated for a long time when is the right time to do an in-progress success story, because I love those as much as I love the complete ones -- and I've had some great success with MFP. I started in January 2013 with an official starting weight of 290, and am down 85 pounds to 205. While I've still got about 30 to 50 pounds to my goal weight (I'm keeping it flexible), I'm really proud and happy with where I am.

Anyway, I decided to jump on the bandwagon with the one-year photos today. Mine isn't so dramatic as others (you guys are amazing!) and I've actually been at 205 since mid-November, so I'm in the middle of adjusting my process for the last leg of the weight loss.

I've lost 54 pounds since January 2014. Neither of these comparison photos is great (I actually think I look a lot the same), but the sweater I was wearing in 2014 is an XL that's a bit baggy on my now, and the sweater I was wearing a couple days ago is a L that's comfortable.
o6hfogtx69f0.jpg

I don't know what I expected when I started in 2013 (since then I've gone through a messy divorce, changed career paths -- it's been a hectic two years), but losing weight has been a thing to help me take control of my life, and I'm really grateful that this service was here for me when I needed it. It's not exactly easy, but it hasn't been hard either.

I'm looking forward to doing a great big success post when I get there! Happy New Year, everyone!

Replies

• clarinetmajor
    clarinetmajor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! Your face tells the difference in a major way!
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I know it's hard for us to see in ourselves, but I can definitely see the changes in your pics. Well done!
  • Fergie790
    Fergie790 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! You should be so proud of yourself. I'm joining you on the last stretch of your journey. I want to lose about 45 pounds.
  • Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You look amazing girl! Keep up the hard work and you will be there in no time :)
  • berto23
    berto23 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Looking great!!!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!

(Hi, Dianne! /swoon)
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference! Very encouraging to see what a difference 50 pounds make. I'm sorry to hear about your divorce, but glad you were able to keep moving forward with your health and fitness goals.
  • smkondy
    smkondy Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    There is a huge difference in your before & after pics!!! Well done-congratulations!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress and fabulous dedication, thank you for sharing.
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • tesa2984
    tesa2984 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Looking good!!!
  • dannytrees1
    dannytrees1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference on your face the most, you look great!
  • lynney_s
    lynney_s Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well done - you are an inspiration.
  • LeeLeeSV
    LeeLeeSV Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep going and love the fact that you are keeping your goal flexible. Make it about how you feel - not just a number :-)
  • nicolesica41
    Options
    You can definitely see a difference! I am just starting my weight loss journey today and you showed me what's possible. Thanks
  • annie5678
    Options
    Definitely see the difference. You look amazing!
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job!! And continuing forward with your goals during stressful times in your life is not an easy thing, so TWO thumbs up for you!! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!