HANGOVER CURES!?!?

Options
BEERRUNNER
BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
Whats shakin MFP!?

I was severely hungover this morning..............but now Im @ 80% thanks to the nonstop drinking of water and having a good lunch.

So tell me MFP what is your secret hangover food if any!?!?!

Mine is actually a good spicy hot soup.

Replies

• Train4Foodz
    Train4Foodz Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    H20 and lots of it!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Dont drink so much that you poison yourself is a good hangover cure.
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Meat meat and more meat - rarer the better , and cheese
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    I used to like to go to mexican resturants and eat chips n salsa with lemon squeezed in . A shower n brushing your teeth helps too.
  • LifeInTheBikeLane
    LifeInTheBikeLane Posts: 345 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Uhg we were extremely hung over yesterday. We got home and immediately took long hot showers then downed enough water to empty a lake. Water+Sleep. I crave bread like crazy when I'm hung over, too.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Carbs and water
  • blueeyesgrace
    blueeyesgrace Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Crazy enough - I sweat out the alcohol. I go for a long, hard run. I mean, there's other ways of sweating out the alcohol ;) Seems that running just works best for me.
  • c_aw
    c_aw Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    go to a pharmacy, get electrolyte supplements either in pills or drink(gatorade etc), most important that there is potassium, sodium chloride and calcium. drink it before you go to bed after the party and then when you wake up. also like .5L of water with it. drink gatorade next day, eat fatty food and rest :)

i swear you avoid a hangover every time you do this.

sincerely,
    med student.
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    The only sure cure for a hangover is time.
    Water helps a lot, as does tylenol. (Drink a glass of water in between every alcoholic drink, then have a big glass to wash down the tylenol before you go to bed, again when you wake up.)
    Juice or gatorade are pretty good.
    Avoiding a hangover by drinking in moderation would be preferable to any of the above.
  • JackKopCh
    JackKopCh Posts: 8,044 Member
    Options
    A good full english breakfast <3
  • c_aw
    Options
    the reason for a hangover in the first place is the loss of electrolytes, since alcohol is a diuretic. you need to replenish them.
  • c_aw
    Options
    actually if you take alcohol and tylenol you can damage your liver severely, those two drugs are contraindicated together. don't do it.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    Lesa_Sass wrote: »

What a buzz kill!

Lots of water and eating a banana usually help me.

• danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I always find that Gatorade is a good hangover cure!! Grab a large bottle and have at it
  • markiend
    markiend Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have found that a full english breakfast and another drink ( the one you were drinking the most the night before) work best for me
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Lesa_Sass wrote: »

200.gif
  • BEERRUNNER
    Options
    c_aw wrote: »
    actually if you take alcohol and tylenol you can damage your liver severely, those two drugs are contraindicated together. don't do it.

So true. No Tylenol here

• BEERRUNNER
    Options
    Crazy enough - I sweat out the alcohol. I go for a long, hard run. I mean, there's other ways of sweating out the alcohol ;) Seems that running just works best for me.

Ohhhhh yeahhhhhhhhh
  • notyouraveragetexan
    Options

This is why I never get a hangover when I'm with you.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    When I get home from a night of drinking, I down a litre or so of water before heading to bed. I haven't had a hangover, but that could also be attributed to me not drinking myself into a stupor.