Eating late night?

Options
So I have 2 jobs, a day job and a part-time serving night job. I tried the whole eating dinner at 4:30 in between jobs but by the time I'm off my serving job, anywhere between 10 and midnight, I'm absolutely STARVING. I know people say how bad it is to eat so late at night but am I supposed to go hungry? What if I eat something healthy like an apple or something?

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Eat!! You can eat at any time you want! I wouldn't make a habit of eating a 4 course meal then going to sleep, but if your hours make it so that you have to eat late night, do that.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Eat!! You can eat at any time you want! I wouldn't make a habit of eating a 4 course meal then going to sleep, but if your hours make it so that you have to eat late night, do that.

Exactly!!!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    yeah - I'd eat. Your work schedule isn't traditional so your eating doesn't need to be.. I was thinking that a nice hot bowl of vegetable soup would be relaxing and healthy.
  • LinzCurlyQ
    LinzCurlyQ Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Eat lean protein or veggies. Stay away from late night carbs, but if you are hungry, eat!
  • mbeach1977
    mbeach1977 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I eat late at night after my workouts. I "try" to keep it to more proteins.
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    So I have 2 jobs, a day job and a part-time serving night job. I tried the whole eating dinner at 4:30 in between jobs but by the time I'm off my serving job, anywhere between 10 and midnight, I'm absolutely STARVING. I know people say how bad it is to eat so late at night but am I supposed to go hungry? What if I eat something healthy like an apple or something?

Do you get a break at your 2nd Job??

If you do then it maybe worth taking a small snack or sandwitch of some kind as I had this problem where I woud do 2 jobs and no time to eat. I would eat a slightly larger lunch and then a small snack type thing during my late night job, when I started doing this and not eating late I found it easier to maintain weight loss.
  • cbratthauer
    cbratthauer Posts: 228 Member
    Options

Do you get a break at your 2nd Job??

If you do then it maybe worth taking a small snack or sandwitch of some kind as I had this problem where I woud do 2 jobs and no time to eat. I would eat a slightly larger lunch and then a small snack type thing during my late night job, when I started doing this and not eating late I found it easier to maintain weight loss.

The only servers who get breaks are the closers and I never close because of my day job. Plus we aren't allowed to bring food in from home, at all, so I would have to buy food all of the time, and it's Buffalo Wild Wings, so pretty slim selection of food...
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I don't believe eating too late will hurt you especially if you are up and about and HUNGRY. It's WHAT you eat that can hurt you...
  • seren28
    seren28 Posts: 3
    Options
    I would suggest eating a bit of protein and veggies rather than carbs. Make it a rather small meal, just enough to satisfy your hunger and you'll be fine!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think (could be wrong) that the eating at night thing is more a reference to eating within a certain number of hours before bedtime. So if your bed time is later, you can eat later.

Also - of course you're going to be hungry after that! I remember working evening shifts and would be starving after, which would lead to Taco Bell drive-thru and a way too huge order.

Try to plan ahead with health snacks that are filling, keep it light but satisfying, and make sure to account for it in your food diary.

And dang, you sound like you have a really busy schedule!
  • Ezwoldo
    Ezwoldo Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

The only servers who get breaks are the closers and I never close because of my day job. Plus we aren't allowed to bring food in from home, at all, so I would have to buy food all of the time, and it's Buffalo Wild Wings, so pretty slim selection of food...
    [/quote]

What an *kitten* your employer sounds