Challenge Group looking for participants!!!

Options
We are currently looking for more members for a Biggest Loser type challenge that will be starting Monday, January 5th. Here is a little info on our group:

Welcome to our Biggest Loser competition - MFP style! We had a successful Season 1 back in 2012 and have kept it going ever since. We are getting ready to start season 15 and are currently planning to continue running this challenge through 2015. So if you ‘re looking for an awesome support group, fun challenges, and a little bit of friendly competition, you’re definitely in the right place!!!

Our Biggest Loser competition will be held for 6 weeks, beginning on Monday, January 5th. It will run for 6 weeks.

This season is TEAMS competition! Teams will be fighting to get their name in the coveted top spot every week! Since no competition is any fun without a little extra teamwork, teams will be competing to claim the highest average challenge points as well as the highest team percentage of weight loss each week.

Each Monday, every individual will weigh in and compute their own challenge points. They will submit the numbers to their team leader. Later in the week winners will be announced based on the following:

1) Team with the highest percentage of weight loss
2) Team with the highest average of challenge points earned by it's participants
3) Individual recognition for the week's biggest loser
4) Individual recognition for the week's highest challenge points earner

We have weekly challenges, daily challenges, as well as optional challenges to participate in throughout the competition. You earn at least one point for each day’s challenge that you complete. At the end of the week, you will also earn points for completing the weekly challenge and some fun new side competitions!

We also have optional mini-challenges that you will be encouraged to join. You may join as many or as few as you'd like, but we suggest that you join at least one. Five bonus points will be awarded for each additional challenge you actively participated in each week. Details will be lined out in each mini-challenge’s description. There is no limit to how many mini challenges you can participate in, so feel free to challenge yourself!!! Examples of mini challenges include - steps/mileage tracking, earning exercise points toward charitable donations, meeting goals in a bingo style game, etc. We change these up every season. Some past challenges that may return include: running, abs, strength training, squats, zumba, etc.

Space will be limited, so if you are interested please let us know right away. Please keep in mind before asking to join that we are looking for participants who will give board participation, support, and can commit to participating the entire 6 weeks of competition! Please note that participation will require you to be able to put some time in every week to check in with your team, keep up with board participation, and complete challenges. Access to the forums through the web, not an app, will be required.

Replies

• lmc8009
    lmc8009 Posts: 9,190 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • GMgetsfit
    GMgetsfit Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    I want to follow this group, unable to run, or walk long distances,due to arthritis in both knees but want to do the challenges that I can without being part of a team.looking forward to following from the side lines

• Samley7076
    Samley7076 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey there, space for one more?
    Sounds like a fun way to stay motivated!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Bump!!
  • lmc8009
    Options
    Plenty of room still available! If you have any questions about how the challenge works, please feel free to message me.
  • MLL0319
    MLL0319 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I would like to join
  • Abakan
    Abakan Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would love to join but I only have 12lbs to lose so will be a slow weight lose and I'm away skiing as of tomorrow for a week so will join in if you start one up latter in the year.
  • lmc8009
    Options
    Abakan wrote: »
    I would love to join but I only have 12lbs to lose so will be a slow weight lose and I'm away skiing as of tomorrow for a week so will join in if you start one up latter in the year.

We will do another right after this one. If you're still interested in joining the next, send me a message at the end of January and I'll add you to the list for the next one!
  • SallyJones1985
    SallyJones1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Can I join please?
  • ereilly311
    ereilly311 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join if there's still room!
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join, too. Lost weight and gained it all back due to injuries, still recovering now but need to get a new start!
  • lmc8009
    Options
    I've added everyone above to our list. :smile:
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ereilly311
    Options
    lmc8009 wrote: »
    Will we get a group invite once its all set up?
  • Melissa132129
    Melissa132129 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would love to join ;)
  • lmc8009
    Options
    ereilly311 wrote: »

Yes! Group invitations will be sent this weekend. We will be sending as soon as members are assigned to teams. It's my goal to have them out tomorrow so everyone will have time before Monday to look around and get familiar with the challenge.
  • ToughHippieChick
    ToughHippieChick Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I'm very interested if there is still room. Please let me know what I need to do to join.
  • ereilly311
    Options
    ereilly311 wrote: »

Yes! Group invitations will be sent this weekend. We will be sending as soon as members are assigned to teams. It's my goal to have them out tomorrow so everyone will have time before Monday to look around and get familiar with the challenge.

Great, thank you!
  • lmc8009
    Options
    I'm very interested if there is still room. Please let me know what I need to do to join.

I've added you to the list. Be on the lookout for your group invitation this weekend!
  • AliUnrau
    AliUnrau Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I would love to join! is there still room?