Need friends on my new journey

Options
Hello all,
My name is Mary and I'm diabetic (have been for 27 years - I'm 53). I need to lose 75 lbs (maybe more, depending on how I look after I lose that :smiley: ). I would like to join or start a group of about 5 to 10 women who are on the same journey as myself (need to lose weight and starting to exercise - even if it's just walking - I need help staying motivated). I feel if we keep each other accountable, we can do well. I would also like to hear from someone who's diabetic and have managed to lose weight. Being diabetic can make your weight loss journey even harder (as if it's not hard enough). However, I am determined to make this the year I get my weight under control, which in turn will also help my diabetes (my diabetes is under control, but I know it could be even better). I've been on FitnessPal for about two years, but never really reached out to others. Thanks for listening and I hope to make many new friends. This is our year!!!!

Replies

• MR5SLH
    MR5SLH Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey!
    Help me stay accountable! I always start these things and never finish them.
    This time I have to, I'm getting married in May 2016.
  • mwlewis61
    mwlewis61 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi MissSLJ,
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We can help each other stay accountable. There's nothing like an upcoming wedding to get you motivated :smiley:
  • meowmakaveli
    meowmakaveli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • meowmakaveli
    meowmakaveli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Add me meowmakaveli
  • mwlewis61
    Options
    Just sent you an invitation. Welcome!!!
  • blush08
    blush08 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    im in!
  • mwlewis61
    Options
    Welcome Blush08! I'll send you a friend invite.
  • ashleeyynicolex
    ashleeyynicolex Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! and best of luck!! I, about 2 years ago, lost over 85 pounds... and since I have put about 30 back on. It is now my goal to lose that 30, feel free to add me!! :)
  • mwlewis61
    Options
    Wow...that's great Ashlee (that you lost the weight)! We welcome everyone. Thanks for looking us up! I'll send you an invite.
  • noregrets99
    noregrets99 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in :)
  • Ash1106
    Ash1106 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I have had T1 diabetes for about 22 years. I need to lose over 100 pounds and this is my year to get control of my life! I need some friends to help me be accountable and to stay motivated. I have had success losing 20 to 30 pounds in the past only to gain it back, and then some :neutral_face: Please add me!!! :smiley:
  • mwlewis61
    Options
    Welcome Noregrets99 and Ash1106. I'll send an invite.
  • minray55
    Options
    Add me I need accountability
  • mwlewis61
    Options
    Gladly Minray.... We all need accountability :smiley: !