Complete newbie here...

Options
would love to talk to people that are losing weight or have lost weight ( love hearing weight loss stories! ) or become healthier, also would like to have some fitness pals to share the journey with :smiley: xXx

Replies

• zoomy66
    zoomy66 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I did nothing but watched my calories and tracked it for about 6 months and lost 25 lbs. I have stopped using the app and have started gaining the wait back so I am starting to use it again. Hope you do well.
  • xicrashkidx
    Options
    I too am new, I have sent you a request.. I wish you all the best.
  • harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP! I have to say that being on this site/app, has made the start of my journey to healthy eating and also fitness in general a good one. I have tracked my calories and keeping track of what I eat. The real challenge will be when I am at work but will have to make healthy choices in terms of what I eat. I will send you a friend request on here, let's keep each other motivated and offer support while keeping each other in touch with our progress.
  • HayleyMB1284
    HayleyMB1284 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me . I need new friends and extra motivation. Good luck on your journey
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    Hi, thank you all for replying.

zoomy66 i hope so too. sounds like you did amazingly well with mfp the last time, no doubt you will succeed again! :smiley:

xicrashkidx thanks, where do I look for the request? and you too :wink:

harryt678 I have wondered how will I calorie count if I go out to eat? or do I avoid? lol. I still haven't worked out this site yet, I can see I have to input what I eat etc.. I've noticed I eat hardly any calories and struggle to build enough to stay at my goal ( once chocolate if off my eating list, there is hardly any calories. I eat veg, chicken, salad etc )
  • vreddi
    vreddi Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey

We done on starting this journey, this site is new to me too. download the app to your phone as you can scan items you eat.

• revit57
    Options
    Hey, I've been using the app since June last year and have lost 18kg's. I didn't start to lose weight at first but just to see where i was going wrong. I have done minimal to no exercise (as i'm not a fan lol) so calorie counting has worked great for me. Eating out is not to much trouble as long as you eat low cals throughout the rest of that day to counter the high cals in food when eating out. All the best to you :)
  • determined_ella
    determined_ella Posts: 4,354 Member
    Options
    hey vreddi, thank you and you too! just downloaded it earlier can't wait to get using it!

hey revit57, wow well done! lol love that you're honest! I would prefer not to exercise but there are bits and pieces that need to be toned for me : ( and still struggling to find the right exercise to tone them and how often. the world of diet and fitness to keep up for a lifetime... could use a book on it lol
    thanks and you too