middle aged working mum from uk

Hi
Well I have about 5 stone to loose. I am 44 from Wirral, Merseyside with 2 kids. husband is also doing the same.

I have signed up for my council fitness pass today and booked my first fitball session.

I would really like to be in touch with people of a similar age to share experiences.

Look forward to hearing from you
you.

Jeannette x

Replies

• stevebreeze11
    stevebreeze11 Posts: 12 Member
    Welcome to MFP I too am from the Wirral and have just joined; I've got to admit I'm finding it a very useful website....

Best of luck to you and your husband....

Steve
  • Hi Steve

Thanks for the reply. Do you know how you find out what calories an exercise burns by any chance?

R u in for weight loss or fitness initially? What you gonna be doing?
  • stevebreeze11
    Hi Jeannette,

I use a fitbit flex tracker that calculates the calories for you; I'm not sure how accurate this is as it depends on the intensity of the exercise being done but it certainly gives an indication of what you are burning (maybe one of the other members could provide additional info)

I'm in it for weight loss (2 - 3 stone) followed by fitness; starting by cutting out the alcohol for the month, a strict calorie count and 10,000 steps per day.... will see how it goes from there...
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited January 2015
    Welcome both

You lose weight in the kitchen so start weighing and logging your food

The exercise will help you get fitter and stronger and give you the right mindset and more calories to eat

Fitbit is a pedometer so tracks step based activity, quite accurately...you should log non step workouts separately on MFP by time ...love my fitbit

Good luck both ...remember to stick to your weekly calorie defecit ...it works
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Hey guys you are both welcome to add me as a friend. I'm 46 from Birmingham and have lost 178lb. I log everyday and share my food diary with my MFP friends :-) PicsArt_1417779908259_zps1b91724f.jpg
  • stevebreeze11
    I'm finding the fitbit and the MFP app a good motivator at the moment only hoping the initial buzz is maintained after the first few weeks...