Need help !

Options
I was wondering would anyone have weight loss tips, i would like to loose approx 14 pounds. At the moment I do not have time to attend the gym due to college/exams and I'm also very fussy about what I eat. I've recently cut out drinking fizzy drinks and now just drink water. Would anyone have any tips on how to loose these pounds? :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Weigh your food and log everything accurately and honestly. That's all there is to it.
  • CA_Underdog
    CA_Underdog Posts: 733 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
  • superhumanben
    Options
    If you're stuck studying a lot, every hour on the hour make sure to get up and stretch a lot. Maybe do some jumping jacks and or other light calisthenics. This helps keep your body out of slug mode. It would be most beneficial if you could do this more frequently but 1 hour at a time could give you a good amount of time to study too without the constant interruptions. Take stairs whenever viable and park at the farthest spots in the parking lot. It's a lot of little things that add up quickly.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2015
    Options
    With only 14 lbs to lose, I would recommend only aiming to lose 1/2 to 1 lb per week.

On top of the above sticky, this one is good too: The Basics- Don't Complicate It
  • Xcsn
    Xcsn Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Calculate how many calories you burn on a daily basis, there is a lot of online calculators that will help you do this. Take this number and subtract 500 from it and that is how many calories you need to allow yourself to eat daily. For example if you burn 2000 calories everyday, you eat 1500 calories. If you create a caloric deficit of 500 calories everyday, you will burn 3500 a week, which equates to a pound. So every week you will be losing a pound or more. Calculate the calories on everything you eat. You can still drink diet soda as long as it has no calories. I wouldn't recommend this to everyone but you could skip breakfast which would give you more than enough calories for the rest of the day and you don't even have to work out. Eat lots of protein or you will lose muscle when losing weight. Protein also makes you feel more full.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Three words: Count. Calories. Accurately.

It's the only advice you'll ever need.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Eat at a caloric deficit and you'll lose. This means weigh and measure everything you consume.