Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Sports Bra

Ok...I need suggestions for the best supportive sports bra out there for LARGE chest. I am 5'2", cw 178 and have 42 DDD rack. It hurts my neck, shoulders and back, especially after a workout. I am getting a reduction when I hit goal weight, but that is another 30lbs. Until then I would like to up my workout. But I need something that super supportive. Suggestions?

Replies

• xbelle19841
    xbelle19841 Posts: 1 Member
    You could try wearing two sport bras for extra support. I've always had trouble finding high activity sport bras (I'm a 36 D) that actually offer great support. A dancer friend of mine who has a larger chest told me that she wears two sport bras for support. I've been doing the same for the past year and it has made a huge difference.
  • CookingMamaAUS
    CookingMamaAUS Posts: 25 Member
    Two bras is the way - a really supportive sports bra, then a tight crop over the top.
  • One of my friends wears a bra + a swimming suit one size smaller for extra support.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    I'm a 38E and the most supportive sports bras I've found are Shock Absorber, Panache, and certain Victoria's Secret ones.
  • ELizzyKD
    ELizzyKD Posts: 19 Member
    Panache Sport all the way. It does wonders for my 38FFs. I've heard good things about Shock Absorber too. Freya also makes a variety of sports bras in both moulded and soft cup styles. There's really no reason to use more than one sports bra when there's options out there. Make sure your properly fitted before you buy a cup-size sports bra, and not by Victoria's Secret. You should check out ABraThatFits on Reddit . A good fitting bra shouldn't cause any back problems. I was squishing myself into a 40C and after I measured myself, I came up with 38E, and later FF because hormones.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I'm "only" a 34D, but I always wear an underwire. I also buy my bras at dedicated lingerie stores, where I can get fitted correctly. Bad bras cause back problems. People who scrimp on paying for this item are asking for health problems.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Thank you...I will,look into these brands. I've tried two bras...seems to cause bad back pain on me. :\
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I'm "only" a 34D, but I always wear an underwire. I also buy my bras at dedicated lingerie stores, where I can get fitted correctly. Bad bras cause back problems. People who scrimp on paying for this item are asking for health problems.

^This. I'm 32DD, and I was fitted at Bloomingdale's for a Natori sports bra. It's a feat of engineering! The tag says "minimizes bounce for high impact sports," and I don't bounce at all.

Expensive bras are worth every penny. And Bloomie's has a bra club—buy any 4 regular-priced bras, get the 50% off the 5th.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Wacoal is also a good brand. The one I have by them is truly amazing. I'm a 32E/DDD
  • persifunctant
    persifunctant Posts: 1
    edited January 2015
    i had a breast reduction over the summer that took me from a 36hh to a 36dd. PRE-reduction i was using a Freya sport, or Panache. Now I can actually wear some of the lululemon bras comfortably. I still love regular panache bras for everyday wear though. They are so wonderfully constructed and comfortable. I run, so the support was an absolute must when my breasts were that large. They removed almost 5 pounds of tissue when they did my reduction.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Hmm...more and more are recommending the Panache. I think I will give it a go. All reviews on it lol good. I will also look,at Natori. Thank you everyone!
  • mykaylis
    mykaylis Posts: 320 Member
    by far the absolute BEST BRA ON THE PLANET is the Enell. i get mine from breakoutbras.com. i'm roughly a 38M (UK38J) and every other bra, despite being designed for "high impact sports" totally failed on me. i was risking black eyes until i found the enell!
  • molove73
    molove73 Posts: 3 Member
    Snell for sure. I'm a 38F. Had this struggle since I was a teenager (41 now) and I haven't found another bra that works half as well.
  • fruitysky
    fruitysky Posts: 30 Member
    The Under Armour Dynamo is the beeeeest sports bra I've ever had. I run, along with Crossfit, kickboxing, Muay Thai and Tae Kwon Do and it works wonderfully.
  • eeyores_sanity
    eeyores_sanity Posts: 2 Member
    Bump