any ideas for water in Winter?

Options
Hey guys & gals. :smile:
It's absolutely FREEZING here in the UK!! :grumble: I'm finding it really hard to get all that cold water (which I LOVED in the Summer - not that we had much of a summer. :laugh: ) into my system.
Now, the simple option (which you're probably all thinking of) is to just heat the water up a bit, right?
Wrong. :indifferent: I can't stand hot/warm water. :noway:

ANYWAY! to the point, any winter water ideas? :smile:

Replies

• Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Hey guys & gals. :smile:
    It's absolutely FREEZING here in the UK!! :grumble: I'm finding it really hard to get all that cold water (which I LOVED in the Summer - not that we had much of a summer. :laugh: ) into my system.
    Now, the simple option (which you're probably all thinking of) is to just heat the water up a bit, right?
    Wrong. :indifferent: I can't stand hot/warm water. :noway:

ANYWAY! to the point, any winter water ideas? :smile:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    caffeine-free herbal teas?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    During the winter I drink most of my water while I'm working out or with hot meals...it's definitely harder for me to get all my water since it's colder and I feel like something warm!
  • ali_uk
    ali_uk Posts: 16
    Options
    Totally sympathise about the weather over here- had to scrape the ice off the windows this morning. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :cry: :cry: :mad: :mad:

I find hot water with a slice of lemon in it quite nice, or I agree fruity tea. Failing that would caffeine free coffee be too bad?

Hope it warms up soon.

Ali
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    I take a bottle out of the fridge and end up finding it's awesome at room temp........ I totally hear ya on having a harder time drinking water in the colder weather!:noway:

try it room temp......see if that works for ya:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Definatly drink water while working out, and fill your bottle after your workout so you can keep sipping on it while you are still thirsty from the workout. Also, try drinking a whole glass at once a few times a day. Sounds crazy, but it works for me.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm planning SOUP..... minus the salt. I have a turkey carcass, and a ham bone. Turkey and barley with veggies for one, and split pea soup for the ham bone. There's some water, and it's good for you.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    caffeine-free herbal teas?

Yep, yep - what she said.

I have a huge plastic mug that I keep refilling and reuse a single green tea bag about three times.