Need to get healthy!

Options
Always battled with my weight, sometimes thinner, sometimes fatter. All in all I know what I need to do but hardly follow through. I'm hoping to work toward better eating habits, more exercise and basically focus on getting healthy.

Replies

• Randy589
    Randy589 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    #1 thing to do is weigh, measure, and log everything you eat and drink. Everything. And, stay in a calorie deficit.
  • ADeveaux123
    Options
    The whole process is a first for me but I'm willing to give it a try.
  • Anniepi66
    Anniepi66 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I haven't posted anything since I think I first introduced myself. But I have been pleasantly surprised at how easy this seems to be. I started almost a month ago and so far have lost 7 pounds. And that's making it through Christmas and what seemed to be days nonstop eating! Today I'm actually under in calories and am fine. I've tried writing down everything before, but it was a pain because I had to look up all the calories and fat and protein, etc. So after a few days I would give up. After some time I would end up gaining, and on to another 'diet'!!! Myfitnesspal makes it so easy to not be on a diet! I feel like I can actually learn to eat this way now. And since my husband has joined me, it is going to be so much easier. Because of some health problems I've not been able to attend my water aerobics classes; I will start them again Monday. I have about 90 lbs to go. Seven is a start. I'm borderline diabetic, have a fatty liver, my knees are a mess and I feel like crap. I have a stent, had bypass surgery and breast cancer! Sorry for the 'book,' but it helps to write it down and be responsible to somebody besides me. And I know you guys will keep me on track. I'll keep you posted! And good luck to all the beginners who started yesterday or today. 2015 is going to be a really good year! :)
  • ADeveaux123
    Options
    Your motivation is inspiring and I like you feel the need to get control of my weight not only to feel better about myself but for health reasons. Having gone through heart surgery this year and other issues I realize that if I don't get a handle on my eating it's going to kill me. I'm apprehensive about keeping track and writing things down but I'm also excited to see if finally I found a program that will work. Good luck to you.