Female, over fifty, wants to finally be fit in 2015....any fitness pals ?

Options
I really am motivated to get into the best health and reach a realistic weight loss. But as I write this my daughter's cupcake on the counter is yelling at my tastbuds!!!! So I'm going to keep my rear glued to the couch and keep on introducing myself.
I'm a happily married woman with 9 children ages 30 - 3 - 9th Olds (5 adopted, 2 cannot walk). Still have 6 at home and I home school them too. Add in 10 grandchildren and my life is full!!
I do exercise on a regular basis, am not very disciplined when it comes to eating. I think when I'm stressed or am putting something off that I know needs to be done,and I'm dreading it... I think food will ease the guilt.
- This fitness pal app seems like it just might be the first time I can get some help reaching my goals.

My current size: 5 '3" 165 lbs
Bust 38"
Waist 32"
Hips 41"
Size 10- 12
Goals: weight 128- 140 Size 6-8 Bust 34-35, waist 25, hips 34-36

Replies

• laparkerrn
    laparkerrn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    looking for 50 and over female friends as well. I agree. I don't care about looking cute or being a size 5 anymore! I just want to be healthy, happy and energetic!
  • PatAllen1957
    Options
    over 50..that is me and need to get on track to better health. I have gained over the last year and need to get it off and then some more !!!!
  • VRay99
    VRay99 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also in the 50+ club and looking to use MFP as a tool to put me on the road to healthier eating. I would love some additional friends to share this journey with. Please feel free to add me!
  • FatMama_33
    FatMama_33 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty darn close to 50. Does that count? I'd love to be a fitness pal.
  • photodiva69
    Options
    I'm looking for the same as you guys. Lost 75lbs a couple years ago. I have found its harder to maintain, than to actually lose!!! Oh I took me a year and a half to lose the 75. It's all a change in life style. ......moderate eating and exercise daily. Only eating 1200 calories a day. I was blessed with my dad's large frame but my mom's height....5'4"......lol. So, I don't go by the number on the scale as much as the way my clothes fit! Looking forward to 2015 and getting smaller!!
  • Virkati
    Virkati Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm 51, RE-joined MFP a little over a month ago, and although I'm dealing with some injuries, I'm determined to make 2015 MY YEAR!! I'm open to new friends in the same boat :)
  • shauser61
    shauser61 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me to the list. I am 5 ft 2 at 165 as well and 53 yes old. I should lose 40 pounds but would be very happy to lose 30. I work a full time job, involved in a couple of community clubs and menopause is kicking my butt with 15 pounds of weight gain.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm over 50, 5'2 and 164 and I want to pare the fat off my torso!-I hate those rolls and I know they slow me down. I joined last year after an injury to gain some strength and it worked but I fell off the wagon - so I'm back, because logging in my food and exercise is the only thing that works for me!
  • Gardenprayer
    Gardenprayer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me #9 in that 50's club. My life of stres and hormones and need for sugar, carbs. I will figure out how to add you all as friends too...or if you know add me too!
  • Magical57
    Magical57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    50 + club I just joined 6 days ago ... Vegetarian... Anyone wants to add me you are welcome to. I travel a lot but want to make 2015 my year....Need to lose a lot of weight!
  • framy
    framy Posts: 2
    Options
    55 yrs old ...lost almost 30 pounds on weight watchers...regained 10 pound this year...move both my parents in due to their health issues...and baby sits my granddaughter 3 times a week...also works at home...no time for me...would love to connect with other 50 yr old women trying to lose weight etc
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I will be 50 at the end of the month and would love to be 50 lbs lighter by this time next year.. No swimsuit modelling in my future - just want to loo forward to being much lighter and certainly more fit. I am motivated and look forward to learning from those who are reaching for similar goals - with lots of good laughs along the way! :-)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    I'm 46 years old and have been doing pretty well, though it's gone slowly. You pretty much expect it to take time when you're over 40. The best thing I can tell you is log all foods accurately and abide by your calorie limits.... and work out every other day. Walking, elliptical, dumbbells, yoga, bicycle, whatever works for you.
  • vtukat
    vtukat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I turned 55 just before Thanksgiving. I'm tired of feeling unhealthy and ready to take it off this year. I am over 200 lbs and would like some fitness pals to help hold me accountable.
  • SSShayne
    Options
    Hey this sounds like the right group for me.... I was going to join Weight Watchers, but thought i would try this instead. Anyone else? Im 56 and 164lbs. Want to lose 25-30lbs. Starting my routine tomorrow with a workout at the gym and no more christmas cookies :) Good to find you guys...
  • JeanBoll
    JeanBoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I am 52. I need to lose at least 40 lbs. I have hypothyroidism and have gone through menopause. I had foot surgery over 3 years ago and the weight just keeps creeping on. Talking with buddies will help. I hope. I used to sell herbalife and now I am involved in another program, but I just can get motivated. I guess checking in. Trying to inspire each other is a good way to start. Here's to a healthier 2015!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I'd be happy to add any or all of you to my friends list. I just joined yesterday and noticed when just one person friended me that I thought twice about cheating! I'm 53, 5'6", vegetarian, love walking my dogs but some foot pain, sweet tooth is my biggest downfall (Well, that and menopause--Losing weight at this age is a whole different ballgame from what I remember when I was young!). Happy to see you all on here!
  • Lpg2163
    Options
    I too am in my fifties and am starting a diet to lose 25 lbs for the first time since my thirties when I lost my baby weight. Not sure how being 51 will affect the progress. I don't want another summer of big tum and wobbly thighs so it would be nice to get some encouraging friends to keep the enthusiasm going
  • BobbiO57
    BobbiO57 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just turned 57 in Deceember, I am 5'2" and weight 179. I used fitness pal last year and went from 182 to 151. Back up to 179 this morning. I would really like to make this my year to lose at least 30. I am not going to make an unrealistic goal. I would just like to feel better and get my sugar levels down.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I am 56 and have been on MFP for a little over 2 months. I gained a lot of weight after quitting smoking peaking at 190. I started here at 187. Have gotten down to 174 counting calories and walking 3 miles/day. I just got a combo elliptical/stationary bike so we shall see. Maybe 30-40 more lbs. to go, lol, I gained a lot! I've never posted anything before and don't know how to add anyone so if you add me, hopefully I will be able to answer. I would love to be a part of an over 50 group!