Ladies please help xx

Options
Hi Girls,

Just wondering if any one has the Implanon/Nexplanon rod still in and has been successfull with weight loss?

Please share your stories and if you thought it slowed up your weight loss or not.

Thanks in advance,

Liz.

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    not done that personally, but whether or not you lose weight depends on calories in v calories out.... some medication can make you gain weight because it makes you more hungry and eat more, but if you're counting calories, you stop eating when you hit your calorie goal for the day and you should still lose weight....... it might be a bit difficult if you're still feeling hungry but maybe have some herbal tea or something that has no calories in if that happens.

so you should still be able to succeed at this
  • irisheyes321
    irisheyes321 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply.I have it in since January and I am running out of options over my age:(

I was just wondering how other girlies are getting on with it
  • LoraKay131
    LoraKay131 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    hey liz! i have a paragard iud, its copper, no hormones. it's been about 4 years, and i havent had an issue with it. im 40 and smoke. :)
  • hncary
    hncary Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have the Nexplanon implant and I did gain weight since having it in, but I would not contribute it to the birth control as I was not trying to eat healthy or watch my weight at the time I had it put in. I, however, can say that I lose weight on it just fine when I'm eating at my calorie deficit.