Nutritionally healthy drinks that count

Options
Okay, I'm going to get a little "intimate" on here Aka I have no shame, and colon health is important! I have started a new medicine that will has a nasty constipation side effect. It will ease up (right now I'm going 1x every other day). I do know all the things to do/use and exercise, yoga, ect. So that advice is not what I'm seeking. On the days I don't go, my appetite is very minimal. I find it easy to drink things. I'd like some suggestions that are light (like drinking water) that are nutrient dense those days. Some actual healthy juices (no green smoothies, again bulk I can't handle) dissolving powders with good macros, no flavor or pleasant flavor. Hopefully it passes soon (pun not intended lol) until then this could be helpful to me. Thanks!

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    ensure.
    slimfast.
  • ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Aren't they milk like and well... Disgusting? Lol I'm also trying to find something not processed. Thankyou for the suggestions though! :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Milk like? Nope. I'd not drink milk if it was like that. Disgusting? Don't know. They do provide nutrition while being light and easily processed into mostly urine.

Not processed? Good luck. Considering even opening up a coconut is processing... I think you'll be hard pressed to find a non-processed option.

Water. Best of luck.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Take magnesium or foods rice in magnesium. Prunes are good because they contain sorbitol.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    If milk is too much for you - go talk to your doctor, that's not normal.

If you can handle more substance than water - your best bet is probably blended soups or smoothies. Or ensure/boost, which are not that bad if you get them ice cold and drink them with a straw.

The problem is that food with nutrients has volume, and there's really no getting around that.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I know ensure used to have a protien water. My grandmother used to drink it on top of the more milk like supplements. It was clear, light, and had (fruit?) Flavors. I don't know if you are going to find something unprocessed.

Good luck!
  • samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    drinkrumble.com Not bulky (at least I don't find them bulky) and somewhat delicious (as delicious as a drink like that can get).

Get a juicer and make some juice - they are not bulky like smoothies.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    Biochem whey protein, natural - will help you hit protein macros. It has a very faint vanilla flavor. Mixed with orange juice, it tastes like a creamsicle. I usually use almond milk, sometimes adding dark cocoa and sugar.
  • ThePilotsGirl
    ThePilotsGirl Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your reply. :smile: Samantha, I'll check that out. And Genetics teacher thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! Also I'll say it one more time, I AM under a doctor's care. I'm not in position where I am never going to the bathroom, and I am still eating. If it's a day where I haven't gone my appetite is very small aka hard to reach macros, ecspecially protien. It is the side effect of a medication that I must take, and it will go away. Thanks again! :)
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    When I feel sick, and not up to eating, I find coconut water to be very soothing. Some come in different flavors, and have more potassium. You just have to check out the different brands. I think I liked the vitacoco.
  • chouflour
    chouflour Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The other option might be to average it out. I have periods where my appetite/digestion doesn't work right, and my doctor's recommendation was to eat more when I can and balance the calories over time.

That might mean eating 150-175% of your normal protein intake on good days, and let your lower appetite days be less stressful.