Binge Eating

Options
I am aware when I do it and know that I have this problem. I've read books that are suppose to help and checked out websites, and etc. I've gotten nowhere. There is nothing in my area to help with this. At a loss to find help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Replies

• drea0087
    drea0087 Posts: 11
    Options
    I am aware when I do it and know that I have this problem. I've read books that are suppose to help and checked out websites, and etc. I've gotten nowhere. There is nothing in my area to help with this. At a loss to find help. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

Have you tried the book "A Course in Weight Loss" by Marianne Williamson?
    I have the same problem as well. That book has helped a little bit. But I'm also trying to find other ways out of my emotional/boredom eating and binges. Also, I've found out that I usually binge when I cut down my calories too low so have tried to be more consistent with a healthy amount of food per day.
  • 145Karen
    145Karen Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Check out my blog this is my biggest prob I am tryin to overcome I read lots of books by the author Geneen Roth I am currently reading Women food and God awesome book Geneen Roth has been everything from anorexic to 100 pounds overweight she found her way out of the madness and is helping others do the same. I would love to be your friend maybe we can help each other out of this vicious circle.
  • JoyfulJC
    JoyfulJC Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey, I direct messaged you with my full thoughts but for everyone else I recommended a book to her that I'm reading... Food: The Good Girls Drug and the website http://healthygirl.org/

I just recently realized I suffered from binge eating about a year ago. I went to a therapist for 4 months and have read a lot about it too. Therapy was too expensive so I had to stop. But, I got a lot out of it.