i am hungry :O

Options
I ate today1197 kcal... but i am hungry now :(

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    That's all you ate all day? I'd be hungry too. :( Have you double checked with MFP to see if you should be eating higher cals? Do you eat back some of your workout cals?

Eating healthy and getting fit means good things are happening to our bodies.. shouldn't have to be hungry to get healthy. Might wanna double check and see what stats you were given when starting out and reconsider some of your food choices. Such as fiber, are you eating enough fiber, fats, protein to feel satiated through out the day?
  • daedalus01
    daedalus01 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    So....eat?!!? The world doesn't explode if you go over your goals for the day. Make up for the amount you go over tomorrow or later in the week by eating less or working out more.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Let me guess, 1200 calories a day? You chose to lose 2lbs/wk? And you only have 10 lbs to lose? I think you can eat more and still lose weight. For 10lbs to lose, the best thing to do is to put your weight loss goal at .5lb/wk. It will give you more calories to eat and YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT because you will still be eating at a deficit. Please eat, don't suffer. This is not about suffering to lose weight, it's about making it the way you'll eat for the rest of your life. I don't think you want to suffer for the rest of your life. EAT.
  • joneechristy
    Options
    If you choose 1lb a week it will probably put you at 1300 calories/day, which gives you 100 more calories/day. And if you throw in 200 calories of exercise, you can eat 1500 calories a day and still meet your net calorie goal.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Well seriously anyone would probably be hungry when they are under-eating. Eat more. No reason to starve yourself.
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Eat
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Eat more. Go back and change your settings to lose less per week. If you are miserable, you won't keep at it.
  • joneechristy
    Options
    Another thing you can do is just eat as much as you normally do for one or two days, and make sure to log every bite. That way you can see how many calories you have been consuming per day up til now. Then just eat less than that amount. Because if you have been eating 2000 calories a day or more, jumping down to 1200 is gonna make you feel pretty awful. I would suggest finding out how many calories you are used to eating and subtract 250-500 calories from that.
  • Esther230399
    Options
    Thanks for your answers, but i can't eat something, i would feel awful if i eat more than 1200 calories :o i want to lose weight quickly, i know thats bad for my body but i have to do it... many friends told me that i don't should lose weight but i want... my hobby is rowing but in the winter isn't training... i feel big and heavy :/ i want to be the girl from two years ago :(
  • Esther230399
    Options
    I hope someone understands me :'(

• Lawson2190
    Options
    Slow and steady wins the race :smile:
    Listen to your body. If you're hungry then eat. You're right, it is bad for your body to lose weight in the way that you are trying to, and in the long run you will put the weight back on, plus more. Have something filling and healthy to eat.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Esther- I felt hungry too when I first started eating a net calorie goal of 1200. The first week was hard but then my body got used to eating that much. What helps me is to eat protein with every meal, have small snacks between meals, lots of vegetables at dinner time. I exercise every day (at least a walk) and eat back my exercise calories. It is probably better to eat slightly more and lose the weight slowly (if you want to keep it off).
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Even just a couple of eggs and a glass of milk would help. Don't do it this way, many of us, including me spent half our lives starving on diets like this and the weight comes back because it's not sustainable. Not worth the suffering. Listen to your body.
  • Esther230399
    Options
    If i do sport one day, can i eat on this day more calories?
    thanks for your answers, it, s good to have some people to talk about it.
    Sry my english isn't really good :open_mouth:
  • Esther230399
    Options
    I am thinking about break iff this challenge because i think i would get a eating binge if i do it further... what do you think? Break off or further challange ?
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'd just go for a 1/2 lb a week loss. It doesn't have to be 2lb a week or nothing. 1/2 lb a week would have you reach your goal before the end of May.

If you're exercising or doing sport then MFP's methods state you should eat those calories back (most people eat 1/2 to 2/3rd of the calories back as MFP's estimates tend to be over-generous).
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    If i do sport one day, can i eat on this day more calories?
    thanks for your answers, it, s good to have some people to talk about it.
    Sry my english isn't really good :open_mouth:

If you do exercise or sport you can add that to MFP and it gives you a rough guess of how many calories you have burned. It's important to eat back at least some of those calories otherwise you will be too weak.
  • Esther230399
    Options
  • _runnerbean_
    Options
    Read the guide to sexy pants thread for a start( sorry can't do links on my phone).
  • FitFroglet
    FitFroglet Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Read the guide to sexy pants thread for a start( sorry can't do links on my phone).

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants#latest

^This thread is a great place to start as runnerbean said.