New to MFP

Options
Just joined today.. very excited to give this a try & see if counting calories works for me.. In past I just followed lo-carb meal plans but aways derailed because i wanted to add some carbs in (like oatmeal) & then i felt like a failure. I think good carbs in moderation is better for me mentally! PLease send along any tips or recipes..
Happy New Year!!
Tracy

Replies

• _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Welcome Tracy! I've found MFP very helpful in keeping to a healthy diet. For me, there are no "banned" foods. I try to factor in a few treats within my calorie count because that stops me feeling like I am on a diet and reduces the risk of binging. You will get lots of tips and recipies on the forums (use search option to look for something in particular). Best of luck.
  • _runnerbean_
    _runnerbean_ Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I've sent you a friend request to get you started!
  • NoSugar2015
    Options
    I am new too
    Add me if you like :D
  • jklei169
    jklei169 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good Luck to you.
  • focusedonfitness2015
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! The first step is the hardest, but you are here and that is HUGE! Like runnerbean said, no need to limit an entire food group. Everything in moderation. I didnt limit myself to anything, just kept my calories and macros in check and it all fell into place. I've been in maintenance for 3 months now.

One of the biggest things that helped me was support from my fellow MFP friends. Dont be afraid to send friend requests and find people with similar goals who will support and give you advice.

Good luck to you! You can do it!!!