100th Diet and zero motivation!

Options
Well, the title says it all really! I am sick of being bigger yet lack the motivation and discipline to lose weight. Some might say I'm not ready to start but I really do have to and can't keep putting it off. I am not a big eater despite my size however I do like a nice glass or 3 of champagne :) I would love to lose 6 stone but I can't see it happening.

Replies

• RaeC42
    RaeC42 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have SO been there! Knowing what I need to do, but not feeling like doing it. Maybe start small? When you pour some champagne, pour half what you normally would and do that for a week. Then the next week find another small thing to change...a few small changes can add up over time. Best of luck!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    The lack of motivation and discipline means you aren't really ready. No one can give you these things they need to come from you.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Instead of going on (and eventually off) yet another diet, make some lifestyle changes. Start by learning to log everything you eat & drink accurately & honestly. Logging works.

Read the posts that are pinned at the top of the Getting Started forum.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Well, the title says it all really! I am yet lack the motivation and discipline to lose weight. Some might say I'm not ready to start but I really do have to and can't keep putting it off. I am not a big eater despite my size however I do like a nice glass or 3 of champagne :) I would love to lose 6 stone but I can't see it happening.

I say you aren't ready to start. Having/wanting to do something and having/wanting the will to put in the effort to accomplish that something are entirely different. When you are ready to put in the effort required, you will do it. Right now, the discomfort of being "sick of being bigger" is less than the discomfort of having to change your behavior.

• harryt678
    harryt678 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about the lack of motivation but honestly what has helped me is the strong determination of wanting to be in charge of my health and also my waistline! Upon joining this site, I have to say that it has been helpful in keeping track of the calories that I consume and I actually look forward to exercising to burn off a few of the calories. I think diets don't work for the most part, what's more important is to make changes in your life that will help you achieve your goal and stick to them for the long-run. Weight loss is not an over the night thing but it is a long-term and even lifetime goal in eating healthy and keeping to maintain a healthy weight. I will send you a friend request on here, let's keep each other motivated, supported and keep track of each other's progress throughout this journey.
  • lilfatmama
    lilfatmama Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There is strength in numbers, so I wish you all the luck. Still trying to find out how to add friends.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    lilfatmama wrote: »
    There is strength in numbers, so I wish you all the luck. Still trying to find out how to add friends.

click on the members avatar/pic, click "add as friend". It is always helpful/nice/appreciated to include a message with your request.
  • lumpymonkfish69
    lumpymonkfish69 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. I know what I need to do and deep down, I do want to do it. It's a mind set thing. I can easily not eat all day but the minute diet is mentioned, it's food food food!
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I know what I need to do and deep down, I do want to do it. It's a mind set thing. I can easily not eat all day but the minute diet is mentioned, it's food food food!

Deprivation can lead to bingeing. Eat "good" 80% of the time, and fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal.

You don't have to be perfect to lose weight. And logging will teach you to make better choices. Logging works.
  • Bchlvr64
    Bchlvr64 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If I sat around waiting until I was "ready" I'd be at least 400 lbs by now. I was 331 at my heaviest. I didn't feel particularly excited to start dieting or motivated at all. One of the hardest things to do is just start. I am down 105 lbs. and I have 80 more to go. I know you can do it. Just start something. Take a walk, eat a little less, track your food, JUST START. If you'd like to add me for support and friendship I'd be happy to help and/or encourage. I wish you all the best.
  • whitespider360
    whitespider360 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Weight lose is a mind set. You have to set your mind to losing the weight and tell your self everyday and several times a day that you can do it. Don't think about how much you have to lose. Just take one day at a time. Before you eat a meal, drink a full glass of water. That will fill your stomach, and you will not eat as much.