Stop

Morning any words of advice for when I reach my daily calories for me not to continue eating, like what can I do to keep my self busy from thinking about food?

Replies

• flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    What is your calorie goal?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Go for a walk, chew gum, drink water, paint your nails, brush your teeth, learn to knit, clean something, lurk MFP :D
  • Its 1200 per day
  • and I crave a lot of sugar
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    edited January 2015
    1. Figure out your TDEE.
    2. Pre-plan your meals.
    3. Coffee or tea or gum will help.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    According to your profile, you have 50 lbs. to lose. Set your goal no higher than 1 lb. per week: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/change_goals_guided

Setting your goal too aggressively will make you very hungry.

Eat "healthy" 80% of the time, and fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    1200 cals is the bare minimum, and honestly not enough for most people. But hard to offer advice without more info - your height & weight, exercise, work, and what you're eating. :smile:

If you are exercising and not eating back burned cals that are added back into your goal start. Make sure you're getting plenty of protein and healthy fats in your diet - both are very satiating and help keep you feeling full longer.

Good snacks that help steer me clear of the junky foods (which I still eat occasionally, but in measured portions) - dip sliced apples in peanut butter, munch on raw almonds and dark chocolate chips, plain Greek yogurt (go for 2% for the best protein & still getting some fat) with berries and drizzled with honey....

But also maybe reevaluate your loss goals - as the poster above said, set your goal to no more than 1lb a week - this will likely give you a higher calorie goal, and you'll still be in a deficit and still lose the weight, but without such difficult calorie goal to stick to.