Sports Bra Advice

Options
Ok...I need suggestions for the best supportive sports bra out there for LARGE chest. I am 5'2", cw 178 and have 42 DDD rack. It hurts my neck, shoulders and back, especially after a workout. I am getting a reduction when I hit goal weight, but that is another 30lbs. Until then I would like to up my workout. But I need something that super supportive. Suggestions?

Replies

• Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Panache 5021 sports bra. I love mine (started in a 38H and now wear a 30F) I run, jump, everything in that bra and no bounce, jiggles or pain.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Oh..I shall look at those. Thank you!
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    I am about the same cup and band size as you and I understand your pain. I could never find anything in store that actually gave me support without digging in. A couple of years ago I heard about Enell sports bras and picked up several online. They are pricey, but definitely worth the money.
  • 4bettermenow
    Options
    Darn. They don't go above a 40 band size. :neutral_face: I could probably squeeze into it..and will undoubtly be in that size in the next month...but would hate to order and have to wait to wear it.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I don't know if they make a 42 band, but I really love my Shock Absorber Ultimate Run bra. I would also say you can size down in it - I wore a 38D when I first bought it, but I chose to get a 38C on the advice of my friend who had one, and it fit great. Since it is so adjustable, it still fits, despite my now being a 34DD.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Darn. They don't go above a 40 band size. :neutral_face: I could probably squeeze into it..and will undoubtly be in that size in the next month...but would hate to order and have to wait to wear it.

The Enell or the Panache? The Enell has band sizes from a 42-46 part of their size 6 bras.
  • 4bettermenow
    Options
    The panache. I will look up the Enell when I get home. Thanks!
  • cincysweetheart
    cincysweetheart Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I like Cacique (available through Lane Bryant).
  • WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Before spending $$$ on an excellent sports bra you only plan to use for a few months, have you considered layering on a couple cheaper ones and/or picking a lower impact exercise option? But if you love to run (or something) and want a Cadillac of bras, go for it! Sometimes that last 30 lbs. takes a while. Good luck!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Shock absorber, hands down for me. It does give one a uniboob, but it's the only one I've tried that keeps the baps from getting all over the place. I may try another brand now they're slightly less comedy sized, but shock absorber ones are really well made and last well (at least 3 times a week usage).
  • 4bettermenow
    Options
    Shock absorber? Sounds like a win win. Lol!
  • thenk83
    thenk83 Posts: 22 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Freya. Had to get my wife two. They were $60 each at Nordstroms though.
  • johnnylakis
    johnnylakis Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    a picture is worth a thousand words :)