Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why have I gained 25 lbs in a month?

2»

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    You should see your doctor. A long past of ED and a huge, fast gain (if not a bad scale reading) put this beyond the scope of something people here can answer. Your college probably has a clinic, if you don't already have a doctor. Good luck.
  • jo7777777
    jo7777777 Posts: 30 Member
    You are underestimating your calories.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    So how's it going, OP? Have you been weighing and tracking?
  • MandiK3
    MandiK3 Posts: 218 Member
    There are great suggestions. its always advisable to consult a physician when losing weight anyway. 25 lbs is pretty extreme! weather it's water or fat or what ever else is causing it I think it's a great idea to get checked out!! But you should aim to be 100% on track with tracking and what you're eating or drinking, potentially you're missing a piece. I wish you much luck!
  • sbocephus
    sbocephus Posts: 5 Member
    My January 1st weight is up 20+ lbs. from before Thanksgiving. Now heavier than I've been in probably 7 years. :'( Attributed to 6 week-long out-of-control compulsive eating of everything and anything I wanted. Happy to find MFP. Couldn't bear to go on another low-carb, fad diet with taboo foods. Tracking intake is lifesaver because I always know where I'm at. The community is helpful and supportive. Thank you.

• Please help! I am devastated

The ONLY help you need is learning how to be honest with yourself on your skill level of estimating calories.

Don't estimate.

Weigh, measure, and record.

EVERYTHING.

EVERYTIME.

75% doesn't cut the mustard.

It's not your thyroid. It's not your lack of working out. It's not sodium induced water retention. It's not an eating disorder. It's not your metabolism. It ain't the carbs.

It's simple dishonesty with yourself (and now us) about how many calories you are consuming.

The FatLogic . It burns. Put it out now.

She had an eating disorder and you're saying she must weigh, measure and record everything, everytime? WTF dude. That's really irresponsible.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    So how's it going, OP? Have you been weighing and tracking?

I didn't see that the OP had an ED. I agree, she should see a doctor. I am sorry you're going through this, OP.