10 lbs loss-did you notice a difference?

Options
amunet07
amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
edited January 2015 in Success Stories
Hi, Today marks 10 lbs lost according to my scale. I'm want to to hear or see pictures of people who noticed a difference. How? Where? etc. :smiley:

Replies

• blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Personally I didn't notice a difference over the first 10 pounds (I needed to lose 35 total). I definitely noticed the last 10 lbs (only 4 left to go!) The less you weigh, the more you will notice the weight drop. 10 pounds off a 300 lb frame is a much smaller percentage loss than 10 lbs off a 130 lb frame if you know what I mean.
  • amunet07
    Options
    I went from 185 to 175 so far
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I actually didn't notice a weight loss until I had lost about 20 pounds, other people noticed around 30 pounds..
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I didn't really notice in myself until around 40 pounds.

But a) I was obese and b) it's harder for us to see the loss in ourselves
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    I'm down 10 since I started MFP, but 20 overall. I am just now starting to notice. I have another 60-70 to go.
  • amunet07
    Options
    Personally I didn't notice a difference over the first 10 pounds (I needed to lose 35 total). I definitely noticed the last 10 lbs (only 4 left to go!) The less you weigh, the more you will notice the weight drop. 10 pounds off a 300 lb frame is a much smaller percentage loss than 10 lbs off a 130 lb frame if you know what I mean.

congrats on only having 4 more to go. :)
  • amunet07
    Options
    I do actually notice my upper stomach being more flat. :)
  • brendamac464
    brendamac464 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I did notice the first 10 - I had 50 to lose in total. My profile wasn't so "Alfred Hitchcock" looking.
  • krumpli
    krumpli Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you carry your weight. If you carry it mainly in one area, a ten pound loss can definitely be noticeable, whereas if you carry it more evenly spread around your body (as I do), then a ten pound loss is actually a bunch of one-pound losses, and it's not noticeable at all.
  • tigerlily_
    tigerlily_ Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8lbs recently and I can tell the difference, especially in how my clothes fit. Today I'm wearing one of my favourite floral dresses - I used to have to squish myself into it but now it fits fabulously :)
  • MoiAussi93
    MoiAussi93 Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I noticed...mostly in the face. The body not quite as much. But as you lose more each pound lost will become more obvious.
  • kerrybartlett763
    kerrybartlett763 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    amunet07 wrote: »
    Hi, Today marks 10 lbs lost according to my scale. I'm want to to hear or see pictures of people who noticed a difference. How? Where? etc. :smiley:

• jpreynolds89
    jpreynolds89 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost about 14lb overall in the last few months but to my eyes I don't really notice much of a difference. However other people have noticed and have been commenting on me looking slimmer, my trousers keep falling down and i've moved up belt holes so must be doing something right!
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    amunet07 wrote: »

10lbs could be all water and a large bowel movement.

Unless you are 10% bodyfat going to 8% or less you wont see a huge difference for a 10lb loss.

If you want to measure yourself daily also you can lose fat and not lose a single 1lb on the scale.
  • ckm1962
    ckm1962 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I have lost 34lbs so far, and you can really tell on my face, my treble chin has gone. My man boobs have shrunk, and I can feel my ribs easier now, a few people did notice the change in my face around the 10lb mark.
  • turtlez23
    turtlez23 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've lost 9lbs so far and I can tell you my pants feel less tight. lol
  • tephanies1234
    tephanies1234 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I've lost 8lbs so far and have measured my midsection to be 3 inches less already! My pants are much less tight and I can already see the difference in the mirror.
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    10 pounds is all about the percentage of your total goal. For me it was that the clothes I was currently wearing fit much better. Then each 10 pounds was another size down.
    Then it was a 10 pound gain last year and my size 6-8's didn't fit anymore and now I'm back in full swing.
    Keep going your worth it! And this program and the support it gives works!
  • MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    Other people didn't notice a difference in me until 20lbs gone at least, starting at 211lbs. I didn't notice a change in myself until now, 40lbs gone, and honestly I don't even think I look much different! Though a lot of people say I look a lot slimmer, ha. I'm hoping the last 30lbs, as someone said, will make more of a visual difference.
  • HugeBum
    HugeBum Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I was never over weight, so a 10lb loss was a big difference on me, that's when people started to notice my loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!