new to this anyone else on 1200 cals and how long should stay on it

Options
2»

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Also please don't worry about getting bulky. As a female, this cannot happen to you accidentally. You would have to make a great, deliberate effort both nutritionally and exercise-wise over a long period of time to force your body to bulk up.
  • flabassmcgee
    flabassmcgee Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Yes I do weights kettlbells I wanted to tone up after Christmas my weight 7 stone 7 now want to tone up but not go bulky

You will NOT bulk up.
    You will NOT bulk up.
    You will NOT bulk up!!!!!!

You lose weight with a calorie deficit.
    You bulk up with a calorie surplus.

Eating under your BMR will not help you "tone up." If you're looking to change your body composition, focus on eating the right amount of calories, getting in proper nutrition and macros, and consider adding in a heavy lifting routine.
  • debbieedson
    debbieedson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'm below my goal lowest my app let's me set goal up is 108 lbs I happy weight I am just ate to much over Christmas.and wanted to eat less and better to make up for it I normally eat from 1400 -1500 I not set it to maintenance has it's nearly 200 I won't eat that much
  • debbieedson
    debbieedson Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Yes I do heavy lifting with kettlebell and will try to add more calories just I'm healthy food it's finding right amount has maintenance what this gives me I won't eat most days