Hello UK newbie here :)

Options
Hi All,
After trying out various weightloss clubs and realising they aren't for me I decided to try MFP and think this is what's going to work for me...YAY!
Going to try to do C25K alongside this. Would love to have some MFP friends to add. I want to lose about 3 stone (to start with) and am starting from no exercise at all, other than walking around at work. Good luck all and look forward to reading other people's stories
Deb x

Replies

• sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm also UK :) . I did C25K last year as a training tool for the Half Marathon I did in September... Love it ( C25K that is... the half marathon was a killer lol )... Good Luck & feel free to add me x
  • deblindsay1
    deblindsay1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thank you and well done you :) Yesterday I tried to do day one of C25K by jogging on spot indoors, pretty poor effort so this evening I asked hubby if he'd come with me to redo day 1 properly as I didn't want to venture into the dark alone. Big mistake, he didn't understand the idea behind it, moaned and criticised. I shall take my chances in the dark alone next time. Thanks again, Deb x
  • Kitty7775
    Options
    Hello Deb, Im in the UK too...Norfolk. I want to loose 4 stone, so it would be good to have some MFPs to chat to along the way.
    BW
    Katie
  • hayleylouise9699
    hayleylouise9699 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello Deb

Welcome to mfp. Please feel free to add me along with anyone else. I've been trying to add people but my phone keeps crashing.

Be lovely to have more uk buddies. I track daily with a open diary and also here for support and motivation. X
  • happymum37
    happymum37 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Manchester. 20lbs down so far but have a long way to go. Anyone feel free to add me x
  • big_bald_si
    Options
    All, do feel free to add me too - always looking for new friends on here to help keep me motivated. Going for the big 100lbs this year!
  • StepUP247
    StepUP247 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello from Hampshire :)
    I'm new to MFP too and also starting C25K - day 1 tomorrow!!
  • niknak7743
    niknak7743 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    StepUP247 wrote: »
    Hello from Hampshire :)
    I'm new to MFP too and also starting C25K - day 1 tomorrow!!

I started c25k today too. How did you find it?
  • deblindsay1
    Options
    I think I rushed into it because I haven't even been doing much walking so did day 1, not very successfully. I've decided to do a couple of weeks of brisk walking and then will try again. How about you? How did you get on?
  • Cupcakebettiejo
    Cupcakebettiejo Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Happy to be added to your list for motivation or just general chat! I won't be running (but can cheer you on along the way) it's too much on my knees but i do spinning and other exercises! :smiley:

Jo
  • jbenton716
    Options
    Hello from London!
    I'm new here and would like to shift a stone in the first instance and get fit. I feel so lethargic!
    Sorry to be really slow but what is C25K?
    Feel free to add me.
    Jo
  • deblindsay1
    Options
    Thanks Jo :) I'd love to try spinning but a bit of a scaredy cat. Sure I wouldn't be able to keep up although it would probably be a better option for my knees.
  • baillie81
    Options
    Trying for 87 lbs, starting today ! Glasgow here.
  • Rich71bat
    Rich71bat Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Worcestershire and also trying to lose weight and get back into my running. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • Skyruliansocks
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm new here too. Anyone is more than welcome to add me, could do with some support! Of course, I'll support you too. :)
  • livirose28
    Options
    Hey! Im from yorkshire and looking to finally fight this flab! Looking to lose 6 stone so I have a way to go. Feel free to add me :)
  • Kates8891
    Kates8891 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am from Manchester and looking to loose around 70lbs I am going to aim to loose a stone at a time. I have just joined again fresh this year after failing several times last year. I will do it I am more determined than ever! Feel free to add x
  • Jim_G10
    Jim_G10 Posts: 132
    Options
    UK too (Livingston, Scotland). Struggling to get back at this properly due to some family issues but friends so supportive. Doing Dryathlon for Cancer Research UK through January and going to use as a motivational factor. Anyone can feel free to add to help kick me back to normal....
  • Suzie0804
    Suzie0804 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey!! Im from wales :) looking for some friends to keep my motivation up :) feel free to add
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in London and thinking about doing the C25K too. Am walking this week and will start at the weekend to build a bit of stamina! Be good to have some UK friends :smiley: