New Thread - Lets start a group for Mom's needing to lose 50

Options
Hi everyone

This was such a supportive thread but like many - it seems to have died down. So I thought I would start it up again!

I'm a working mom of a 5 year old boy and wife of a supportive (trying to lose weight too) husband. The hardest part for me is finding consistency - both in eating and exercise. I recently had to take over a week off because I hurt my shoulder / neck and I'm just now getting back on track.

Hope to talk & support other moms trying to do it all!

Replies

• dietfree2012
    dietfree2012 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    im in! mother of 2 boys- a soon to be 2 year old and an eight month old...need to lose around 20 more pounds!
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    Hi there
    I'm becky, I'm a mum of 5 children and initially started with needing to lose 62lbs....now have 43 to go :)
    Struggled with weight for several years now, esp with 3 pregnancies in 4 years, and hard finding the time to exercise and eat well but finally getting there :)
    x
  • idream2bgwen
    idream2bgwen Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I am Stephanie, mom of three wonderful boys! I am graduating from college this week with my BSN (nursing) and I have lost 42 pounds (woop woop) already but have about 30 left. I would love to get to know more moms on here. It is nice to be able to vent to other moms sometimes! Let's roll ladies! :flowerforyou:
  • dab52776
    dab52776 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join as well. My daughter is 4 months old and I have about 45 lbs to lose. I look forward to getting to know you ladies!
  • idream2bgwen
    Options
    So do you want to do a weekly weigh in on a certain day? I think that helps me stay accountable! Just a thought!!! :happy:
  • misschocolate82
    Options
    I generally weigh myself throughout the week but fri/sat is usually my officially weekly weigh-in. x
  • paubanda
    paubanda Posts: 34
    Options
    hola PALS im paula and I'm a mother of 4 (3 boys 10, 7, 6 and a lil she devil 2) I have 48lbs to lose and i wud love to join! when r we going to weigh in??? :):happy:
  • victorianm
    victorianm Posts: 13
    Options
    Hey guys, Im Victoria. I have two boys also. aged 4 and 6. Ive lost 17lb so far, want to lose another 20-30lb. I usually weigh in on a monday. This sounds a great group. Thanks for starting it up. :)
  • MrsEmbree
    MrsEmbree Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! My name is Emily and I'm the single mother of a beautiful 8 year old girl :) I just joined yesterday and I am looking to lose about 40 lbs by September. I'm definately in for this challenge!

SW 183.8
    CW 177
    GW 135
  • ngr1973
    ngr1973 Posts: 334
    Options
    So it seems like a Friday weigh in will be best for all of us - perfect way to stay on track for the weekend!

Also, since we're all moms I don't know about you but I'd love to get some more kid friendly meals that the whole family can eat verses cooking different items.

And lets share what we are trying to lose and what our greatest current challenge is:

Me (Natasha) - want to lose about 80 more pounds!
    Current challenge - since I'm still recovering from this injury - I get off track at night (that's my weakest time) I need to stop eating before bed or if I have to take a musle relaxer - eating something healthy and low calorie. I'm not tracking well right now.
  • idream2bgwen
    Options
    Well my weight last Friday was 194.7. I usually weigh myself on Monday mornings (I am part of another group that has to weigh in by Monday morning) and I will try to weigh in on Fridays but cannot guarantee it will happen every week. But yay. Let's get it started!