Low calorie treats

Options
I've been searching on the database, looking up all my 'treats' that I would enjoy before I started my weight loss journey. That alone is so helpful in deterring any slips!
E.g. There is a Jack in the Box next to my house, and if I was having a rough day, I would go pick up a large oreo shake with cream... 1117 calories!!! :open_mouth:

So what are some of your low cal treats for those days you need a 'pick me up'.

Replies

• MarziPanda95
    MarziPanda95 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I like snacking on air popped salted popcorn, mm... I also like cherry tomatoes to snack on. If I'm craving something sweet I'll usually go for fruit or make myself a cup of tea. As for treats... most of my treats are not very low calorie >.> I just fit it into my calories if I'm really craving it.
  • NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I make a chocolate mint smoothie when I need a chocolate fix or want a milkshake. I take one banana, slice it and freeze it for a couple hours. I add that to a blender with chia seeds, 1 tbsp cocoa powder, a few mint leaves, and water (use as little or as much as you want). Blend until smooth. Best part is it's 200-300 calories depending on your ingredients. Much lest then fast food milkshakes. You can also add a tablespoon or two of you favorite pudding mix to the banana, water, and chia to change flavors.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    I peel ripe bananas and freeze them. Then, when I want a "milk shake," I whir one in the blender with a cup of milk and some cinnamon. I use unsweetened soy milk because regular milk and lactaid both give me acid reflux. And no one says you can't throw a couple oreos in, too, if you count the calories in them.
  • emmab852012
    emmab852012 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 cal snacks at the grocery store oR cucumbers cut up small.. i snack on ceral as well, tricks the mind thinking you are eating chips
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Berries! They're my favorite. :)

Nuts, dried fruits, rice cakes, Special K popcorn chips, a hot dog, lettuce and salsa, maybe some granola.

I don't do a ton of snacking, though.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    Options
    An entire avocado for guacamole is a new favorite of mine.
    I also like rosemary and olive oil wheat crackers with Sabra supremely spicy hummus.
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I buy the 100 cal snacks at the grocery store oR cucumbers cut up small.. i snack on ceral as well, tricks the mind thinking you are eating chips

Fiber one 100 calorie brownies. A small treat that mostly does the trick.

• myfitnessisavirtue
    myfitnessisavirtue Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I am loving jello with a bit of cool whip right now. Around 100 calories, less if you can do sugar free
  • neveragain84
    neveragain84 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've been searching on the database, looking up all my 'treats' that I would enjoy before I started my weight loss journey. That alone is so helpful in deterring any slips!
    E.g. There is a Jack in the Box next to my house, and if I was having a rough day, I would go pick up a large oreo shake with cream... 1117 calories!!! :open_mouth:

So what are some of your low cal treats for those days you need a 'pick me up'.

Sounds delicious though. Coworker friends went to Starbucks and bought a cotton candy drink. It wasn't that great when I had a small taste, but I'm sure it was a lot of calories for the whole thing.

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Peppermint Patty --140 calories.