Breakfast

Options
dirtyhouse48
dirtyhouse48 Posts: 4 Member
I love eggs, bacon, home fries, rye toast, bagels for breakfast..What can I eat to keep
me full....fruit doesn't doe it..really don't like oatmeal..got any ideas?

Replies

• karrylee00
    Options
    I like egg beaters and the protein on them are pretty high. Also yogurt is high in protein. Try Dannon light and fit. I love all the same things you listed, but I look for substitutes. Like turkey bacon for regular and bagel thins over bagels.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese or Greek yogurt with fruit or vegetables is good
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Eat what you like, I have 2 eggs, a slice of thick cut bacon or 1 breakfast sausage patty. Or 1 egg, 1 mediumish potato cubed or slice of toast and butter.

I mix those combinations up and have them for breakfast nearly every day. Paired with a cup of coffee or juice and you're around or well under 400 calories.
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I like to make up some Jimmy Dean sausage ahead of time. Two patties are about 200 cal. In lieu of this I will use some chicken-based sausage (look at my past 3 days of breakfasts) - or bacon (also cooked ahead of time)

I will dice up a potato and use some non-stick spray (15 to 25 calories) and brown the taters...5.3 oz. is 110 cal. NOTE - the finer you dice them, the faster they cook. Or use simply potatoes - already shredded.

Also two to four egg whites - lg. - 17 cal each.

Most of the time I do the taters in the skillet, when near done I add the sausage (diced) and cook until sausage is hot, then I add the egg whites to the mix and cook till completed...sort of a breakfast hash.

It may not be much to look at but it is delicious and only takes about 20 minutes to make. Depending on the potato size and the breakfast meats, it is usually between 300 and 400 calories.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I also do a lot of egg whites and sometimes a fried egg. I used turkey sausage and bacon and have toast almost every morning. I use Pam too. Also those hash brown patties you buy frozen are only around 140 calories. I feel like a eat a lot but my breakfast is generally around 400 calories.
  • caffeineismyfriend
    caffeineismyfriend Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    My absolute FAVORITE new breakfast that keeps me full till lunch: 4 egg white omlette with 1/2 of a diced roma tomato and about 1/2 an ounce of shredded colby jack cheese. I like to shred a little extra cheese on top as well with a little salt and pepper. Along with my coffee w/ 30oz of half and half my breakfast is around 230 calories and so delicious and filling. You could even add a couple sausage links to this to add more protein and it would only add about 90 calories so you'd still be around 320 which ain't too shabby. And I cook my omlette in real butter. Good luck!!