Serious this time around

Options
Avoidance. I should get that tattooed because seriously that's all I've been doing up until now. I'm currently at my highest weight and I am so miserable :/ however I decided that enough was enough and that I wanted to stop treating my body like a garbage can! I've avoided anything fitness related because I was afraid. Afraid that I wouldn't be successful and that's what's really killing me inside.i have ulcerative colitis and that's also another one of my major set backs. I want to jump across all these hurdles and take it a day at a time! So please if anyone feels me on this I would really appreciate your support!

Replies

• Dessalena
    Options
    I'm taking things one day at a time. My only specific daily goal at this point is to log whatever I eat/drink. I have avoided exercise as well, because I have a condition where there is fluid on my brain which gets increased and basically squeezes my brain. Ab exercises and up/down (i.e. burpees) increase the pressure causing severe pain and nausea. I,m not giving up though cause I also am back to my heaviest and feel miserable. Add me if you like, we can offer each other support. You can do this!
  • mellyoxox22
    Options
    Hey thanks for responding! Having a health problem is the worst while trying to find betterment in oneself! Definitely following you!
  • Dessalena
    Options
    It does seem to be the worst. I lost the weight once, a few years ago, then gained it back. I did it then; I believe I can lose it again, and hopefully keep it off for good. Thanks for the add! :smile:
  • kathyhawks40
    Options
    I also have health problems and it is so hard fighting through them and staying on track. I started yesterday and so far am doing good. I am scared of failure. Add me if you want maybe we can be here for each other
  • mellyoxox22
    Options
    I started yesterday as well and everything is going great so far. I've been very methodical and thoughtful about the foods that i am putting into my body and I've started to have fun workout sessions by dancing. Regular workouts really bore me and dancing is so fun! Great way to melt the fat off!

I do the workouts as shown here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu_r4_YmLWM&index=16&list=FLCEhbAsB4_GIOGqFfdP6Czg

This one as a warm up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_J8btnIEKQ&list=FLCEhbAsB4_GIOGqFfdP6Czg&index=9

A youtuber that really inspired me to get off my toosh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REG9iKC0YcQ&index=1&list=FLCEhbAsB4_GIOGqFfdP6Czg
  • Dessalena
    Options
    thanks for sharing the videos!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    What tells you that this time is the time you're going to keep all the promises you are making to yourself?

What's the plan to make sure this time is different?
  • kateneyxx
    kateneyxx Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, we can support each other :smile:
  • mellyoxox22
    Options
    Yeah no problem! Those vids are awesome! and to respond to the question as to why I feel as though this time it will be different.... well I've just stopped making excuses for myself. Not only do I have support from my sister (who is also on this journey with me) but I've also reached deep into myself and determined that the person who I am now is not the person who I want to be (a constantly miserable, self hating individual). At the end of the day I only have myself to occupy. I cant move into someone else's body. Instead of wishing for those extra pounds to be off I'm making it a reality. I stopped feeling sorry for myself is what I'm really trying to get at
  • mellyoxox22
    Options
    I'm not depriving myself of anything but I'm not going overboard with my consumption of food either, I have to be happy with myself and with the foods that I put into my body. A happy medium :smile: Ultimately it's about what I feel most comfortable doing and being fair to myself and definitely showing myself some TLC
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    That booty shake class looks fun!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I'm not depriving myself of anything but I'm not going overboard with my consumption of food either, I have to be happy with myself and with the foods that I put into my body. A happy medium :smile: Ultimately it's about what I feel most comfortable doing and being fair to myself and definitely showing myself some TLC

that's beautiful. well done.
  • mellyoxox22
    Options
    daisyverma wrote: »
    That booty shake class looks fun!
    It's extremely fun and you feel so sore the next day! Lol
  • 17BigDaddy
    17BigDaddy Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi..I'm motivated...it's 12 years overdue...the last time I saw those washboard abs..I'm watching what I eat, putting in the work, and just received T25 in the mail...I'm commited to seeing them again...dropped 25 lbs in 2 months. Started out at 189 lbs and now down to 171 lbs. I want to get back to college weight and physique