hungry?

Options
Do you get particularly hungry on your eating plan? If so, do you chalk it up to eating lean, or do you eat more if you are getting hungry?

Replies

• dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I try to choose foods that are higher in healthy fats so they will be more filling- such as nuts and seeds and full fat dairy. I also eat high fiber fruit to help keep me full. So no, I don't usually get too hungry. If I find myself hungry and know I might go over my calories then I make sure I exercise to allow for the calories, or if I don't have time I try to exercise the following day to balance it out.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    No, I do not get particularly hungry on a regular basis. When I do have a hungry day it's usually because I haven't had much protein or fat.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I don't get hungry cause I eat back most of my exercise calories.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If I eat something rich in carbs, yes. Focusing on fat and protein will help keep hunger down.
  • Abberration
    Options
    I'm just starting out, so yes, I get hungry! I am making food choices high in fiber or protein when I am and also drinking more water. I was waaaaaay overeating and not burning much for calories prior to starting. I have pretty much cut sugar out (unless it's in my fruit) as I realized that sugar is a danger zone for me. I seem more apt to overindulge in sugary foods, destroying my calorie budget.

• NicholeElizabeth92
    NicholeElizabeth92 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I eat a pretty well balanced diet and found some days I would be very hungry. I found that adding chia seeds to my diet in the morning in the afternoon helped a lot. For me, they work to help curb cravings and eating due to boredom because I feel full for several hours.
  • perseverance14
    perseverance14 Posts: 1,364 Member
    Options
    Sometimes when I lift a lot I am hungrier the next day, but I think eating plenty of protein and enough fats helps a lot, I also don't avoid sugar, but I try not to overdo it.
  • keziak1
    keziak1 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I eat a pretty well balanced diet and found some days I would be very hungry. I found that adding chia seeds to my diet in the morning in the afternoon helped a lot. For me, they work to help curb cravings and eating due to boredom because I feel full for several hours.

How do you prepare the chia or do you eat it on other food? So far I've only eaten it on salad.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I'm ALWAYS hungry :(
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    HUNGRY? Or wanting to eat?

Seriously, sometimes we confuse the two. My general benchmark is that if an apple or salad will satisfy it, it's probably hunger, and I'll eat one of those things and hang the calories (which aren't much anyway). If I'm wanting bread or something, it's probably not actual hunger, and I try to ignore it.

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    keziak1 wrote: »

How do you prepare the chia or do you eat it on other food? So far I've only eaten it on salad.

I throw them in smoothies, I have also made pudding, but not too keen on the fishegg texture. Similar to tapioca.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    I eat foods that I find super filling, like potatoes, eggs, giant salads. If its between meals I chew gum, or drink a glass of water.
  • lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    HUNGRY? Or wanting to eat?

Seriously, sometimes we confuse the two. My general benchmark is that if an apple or salad will satisfy it, it's probably hunger, and I'll eat one of those things and hang the calories (which aren't much anyway). If I'm wanting bread or something, it's probably not actual hunger, and I try to ignore it.

No my hunger is too legit to quit