Looking for Friends for Accountability and Motivation

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Janna! I am a 24-year-old girly who has recently given birth to a GORGEOUS baby girl. I currently weigh 225lbs and I’m 5’4. My goal weight is 150lbs.

My Story: I have always been heavy (hella chunky). When I was12 years old I weighed a whopping 214lbs!!!! As a freshman in college, I went down to 165lbs-the lowest I have ever weighed in my adult life! However…..Then I got pregnant. By month 6, I had ballooned to 240lbs!!! :( Then, I suffered from placenta abruption and I had to have my daughter 3 months early and she had to stay 3 months in the hospital. Over that time, my doctor’s told me that I couldn’t exercise because of the nature of my delivery so I just packed on even MORE pounds! GAH!

I don’t want o be out of breath when she wants to play… I want to live a long and healthy life for her! I’ve tried fad diet after fad diet, but now I am really READY! My mind, soul, and body are made up! I am looking from friends who will motivate and keep my held accountable! I will do the same for ANYONE! We can cheer, encourage, and congratulate each other! This is my first time on MFP and I’m hoping this will change my life!! Thanks for reading!!! :smiley:

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    Options
    Hope your daughter is thriving! Feel free to add me and I'll cheer you on!
  • tora4783
    Options
    Good luck with ur weight loss hun. Feel free 2 add me
  • Lawson2190
    Options
    Hello!
    I hope your daughter is doing well.
    I am a Mum to a 3 year old boy and I know what it's like to pile on the pounds both during pregnancy and after too. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'd love to be able to support and motivate others and get the same in return. Feel free to add me.
  • Nckr66
    Nckr66 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    hi there. I am pregnant at the moment with my second daughter and I am 29, I am in month 6 and weigh 250lbs :-( I had lost over 2 stone before this pregnancy after starting mfp, but I had such bad food aversions and cravings that I seemed to have piled it all back on and then some. Needless to say I am disheartened!! However I know it's mostly unavoidable to put SOME weight on during pregnancy, so now I am logging to make sure I don't overeat, eat well and then when I have my baby in April I will be being hoping to lose weight again. Feel free to add me x
  • RGilin
    RGilin Posts: 1
    Options
    New years resolution! Also trying to lose weight and find that without support or a community of some sort, It can't be done. I'm a Biochemistry student I work in the lab and sit most of the time which is not great. I also am a crazy chocolate lover, so I tend to over eat whenever I get my hands on a chocolate bar. Feel free to add me :) I'll cheer you up the best I can and maybe motivate myself to do something at the same time :P
  • carlimae81
    Options
    Hi all! Im a 33 year old woman fed up with feeling miserable due to being fat and uncomfortable. I weigh my heaviest ever at 207lbs and want to reach 150 lbs as a starting target. (I remember feeling fairly ok at that weight!). My problem is emotional eating ie when Im bored, stressed, depressed etc I reach for the chocolate. I also have always been averse to exercise but I want to change this. My goal is to move around (walk, cycle, fitness DVD) at least once a day. Feel free to add me if like me you need some encouragement and support in the difficult moments :-)
  • MaroonMaestra
    Options
    You can do it! And I know how you feel, I have always been a "bored" eater. Hopefully we can encourage and motivate each other! I added you!
  • brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your little one! I'm also 5'4 and have a similar goal weight