T25 or Insanity Max 30

Options
Hi,
I am debating which program I would like to buy. I've got some baby weight to lose and want to tone up. I did regular Insanity but I like the shorter duration in workouts. I know insanity max is newer but would like to hear some experiences. Both look great!!!

Thanks!!

Replies

• Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    Insanity was a beast to complete - I had to do it every other day to allow me some recovery time.

T25 is like the Insanity warm-up...sort of...but worse and the Insanity warm up is tougher than you can imagine. BTW - it took me into my 3rd week to be able to get through the Insanity warm-up without hitting the pause button.

Max 30 is supposed to be harder than T25.

If it was me, I would hit Craigslist in a couple of weeks, when the new-to-exercise peeps have given up, and buy whichever one is cheapest.

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Either is good. I've completed all 3 parts of T25, and now I'm doing Max 30. Both are difficult, but they both have a modifier and you will get a good workout. It will probably come down to cost. I agree with @Go_Mizzou99‌ check out eBay or craigslist in a few weeks and buy the cheapest one.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    I think either one of these workouts would be good. If you are new to the Insanity program there is a modifier that you can follow during the Max 30 workout.
  • brooookeexo
    brooookeexo Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I loved insanity although i could never get through month 2 because of the length of the workouts. I only lasted a week on T25- not sure why I didn't like it as much. I'm starting max 30 this week
  • ColePens
    ColePens Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bwt0803 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am debating which program I would like to buy. I've got some baby weight to lose and want to tone up. I did regular Insanity but I like the shorter duration in workouts. I know insanity max is newer but would like to hear some experiences. Both look great!!!

Thanks!!

I have both... here is my quick interpretation:

1) T25 is a very high-tempo, nonstop, medium to high impact workout. You go for 25 minutes. No breaks. It's really solid and the calendar is something you can do over and over again. You can even combine workouts and create your own weeks after the 15 weeks are over (including Gamma).

2) Insanity Max is insane... but I love insane workouts. It's 30 minutes of hell. High impact. You have to be one of those individuals who love that mental game of giving up/quitting and pushing harder than you ever thought.

If you are looking to just tone and enjoy a workout and are totally okay with high impact - T25 is the best. If you want to go insane and test your mind/body to failure. Go Insanity max 30.

Big note - if you cannot do high impact (jumping/squat jumps/etc) simply do not buy either. I think modifying is good, but modifying should set up doing the real thing.