Reaching my daily net calorie goal

Options
When I figure in my exercise and how it increases my calorie goal for the day, I find that sometimes I have a hard time actually eating enough to reach my net calorie goal. This happens because a lot of times I'm simply not hungry and don't really want to eat just to eat in order to reach the net calorie budget. I'm worried though that my metabolism is gonna slow down if I don't eat more. Does anyone have the same problem and do you have any advice?

Thanks!
Kristine

Replies

• CassieLEO
    CassieLEO Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    My advice is eat them back. I didnt eat mine back, ended up on a plateau, began eating them back and now im losing at a steady rate...
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I had a same problem but I changed about 2-3 weeks ago, and now I eat enough calories. Buddy me if you would like and check out my food diary.
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    you need to eat more during the day, so you don't have to eat it all after your work out... also, try to eat some calorie dense foods if you are full, like an avacado, or peanutbutter or nuts, all REALLY high in calorie, but you wont have to ingest as much.

get what Im saying...

If you are afraid that your metabolism will slow down if you dont' eat enough then the simplest answer would be to make sure you eat enough. This is about retraining the mind... your mind is screwed up, so you cant trust it... eat when the clock tells you you are supposed to eat. or eat when the numbers tell you to eat... not when your mind tells you to eat...

later when it is retrained and fixed and actually knows when it should eat, THEN you can trust it and follow it.
  • ohdear1986
    ohdear1986 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    i don't eat mine at all, and i am breast feeding (don't count that either) i do have a slow metabilsm though. if i eat maintenance calories i shoot up a few £s!!! but i have lost every week so guess i am doing something right
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    I eat it back but am maintaining my current weight
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem and then end up snacking at night, causing my weight to be up in the morning...but then a couple hours after I am awake it goes back down again. So I think its important to eat at least some of your exercise calories back to make it a net of 1200 at minimum - but if you don't make it one day, try again the next. Don't stress- stress causes fat!
  • MaryKatU
    MaryKatU Posts: 146
    Options
    I don't eat my extra calories that exercise adds. I am curious to see what others have to say because I worry that eventually my metabolism will slow.
  • Hellsbells42
    Options
    I hardly ever reach my calorie goal. I make sure to get enough protein, so I think there shouldn't be a problem.
    At least that's what I hope. :)
  • turbogirl4christ
    Options
    I've been having a very hard time with this too!!!