whole accountability partners needed

Options
Judgement free help! I'm looking for people who need help with all accountability just like me. Food, exercise, and the emotional as well. I'm going to be 40 in two weeks. This is a life style change for me, as well as for weight loss and health. I figure to reach a goal and keep it off it is a four part process happening at the same time. Food, exercise, emotional, and mental. I'll start! My big mental issue with going to gym is i feel like people are staring at me, i don't like it. So to work on this i'm going to slowly work into jogging at the track.

Replies

• raine615
    Options
    I feel the same way! I have downloaded the couch to 5k app and plan to start tomorrow! Feel free to add me as i need support also! Good luck!
  • ruthwatsonhastings
    Options
    I did the same my boss told me about it.she said it was a great way to ease into jogging
  • nikki_dw
    nikki_dw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • melissa17_00
    melissa17_00 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, I'd love to be part of the group to help push and be pushed. I'm not new to the journey but I still have a long way to go and want to keep myself motivated. I do have a bit of advise from what I have found, at the gym don't let others bother you... I've actually found the total opposite reactions. I have people watch me , but weeks later will come up and tell me I'm an insperation. You never know who your encouraging so just do it for you.
  • sumofRactions
    sumofRactions Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Not really comfortable with it but I joined a weight loss competition with my daughter at the local YMCA, which starts today thru March. I've belonged to the gym for years but never actually use it I figure the easiest way to change that is to just jump in and see what happens. Could definitely use the extra motivation from others though, please count me in!
  • ruthwatsonhastings
    Options
    I work with special needs adults, they use the YMCA a lot. I love the track. When I'm working with them, I think about jumping on the machine next to them. Then my dear of being stared at kicks in. I do walk with some of the others though
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I would love this!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • ruthwatsonhastings
    Options
    I just bought this nifty thing for lunches, but I'm going to use it With my other meals to for portion control. It comes with 2 half cup containers, 1 cup and a half container, and a sandwich container- 2 cup. It all snaps together and comes with a cooler piece that snaps on too. I think it's going to help. Plus I have a fitness tracker that helps keep me honest