Introducing me

Options
Well here goes nothing. However it's so hard to stay under the 1200 calories some days are better then other's.

Replies

• mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    1200 Calories a day can be too restrictive. Maybe up your calories a bit more. Something that can be realistic and so you can have more better days than less bad ones.
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you have to lose? Set you rate of loss lower, you'll get more calories. Also eat back some of your exercise calories. You will still lose weight.
  • lorabean313
    lorabean313 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    If you log what you eat on the site, it will help you see what you need to eat more of and what you need to eat less of. It will also suggest a calorie amount for your size and age. Mine said to eat about 2,000, but so far I have been eating 1300 to 1500. I am trying to jump start my weight loss, eating less carbs, cutting out sugar and eating a lot more raw unprocessed vegies/more protein
  • Chocothundathighs
    Chocothundathighs Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yeah might be easier to shoot for a range. Look up what you're supposed to eat at your weight to lose weight and then set that as the maximum. Like min. 1200 and max would be what you should eat. That way you know no matter what you should technically lose weight by staying within the range. 1200 is definitely hard, the days I hit that I tend to skip at least 1 meal or more, intentionally or non-intentionally. Eating less sugar and carbs also helps to curb your appetite.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You should not be staying "under" 1200 calories. That is your base and you earn more with exercise.
  • lorabean313
    Options
    Thank you all so much
  • lorabean313
    Options
    Hello All,

How can I get the correct calorie per serving when I make home cooked meals? Also when eating out I only eat 1/2 of whats served and take the rest home however, I'm not sure how to get a correct calorie amount for that either. Any suggestions?
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Well here goes nothing. However it's so hard to stay under the 1200 calories some days are better then other's.

Why are you eating under 1200 calories? That sounds like too few.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

How can I get the correct calorie per serving when I make home cooked meals? Also when eating out I only eat 1/2 of whats served and take the rest home however, I'm not sure how to get a correct calorie amount for that either. Any suggestions?

If the restaurant does not have nutrition information, I find comparable entries in the database and use those instead.
  • lorabean313
    Options
    Thank you SSLRunner I thought it was a little low maybe that's why it's so hard and I always feel hungry
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Hello All,

How can I get the correct calorie per serving when I make home cooked meals?

If it's a home cooked meal then you know what you put in it. Add the calories from each individual ingredient and divide by the serving size (the portion of the total you ate).