100+ lbs to lose need friends

Options

Replies

• jbrixe00
    jbrixe00 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I've lost a total of 89 lbs, 65 of that in the past year while on MFP. I still have at least 60 more to lose.
  • Fsunami
    Fsunami Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hi to all who need the support.....

The best place to begin is at the beginning.

All you have to do is lose 1 pound xxx times. Not xxx pounds, all at once.

That kick to get it done comes from inside....

The fact you are reaching out and being honest about your struggle is a sign of growth and progress, for which you should be commended. Take comfort in that.

The difference between MFP and everything else? If you adopt the mindset that its a lifestyle change & not a diet, the rest will fall into place.

The past is done. The future will be here soon enough. Try and focus on today & today only. Its all we have to work with.

6.5 months ago, I weighed 312 pounds. I woulda been dead in 5 years if I hadn't made this commitment. All signs were pointing that way.

Just a few things the MFP tribe and common sense has taught me:

1) This is a thing you DO, not a definition of who you ARE. Just like laundry. Take the emotion out of it wherever possible. I cannot stress this enough.

2) My approach? This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. So there is no finite number of days that I am trying to get to. I will be logging in and logging food for the rest of my life, because:

a) This program works
    b) I don't want to die young and I was headed that direction

3) Try to remember - We are the results of the choices we make every day, whether those choices are good or bad. Make as many good choices as you can, and the ship will stay steady. At the end of the day, we are the man in the mirror. We are accountable to ourselves and no one else. We can help you with getting there, but the doing is up to you. Leave rationalizing at the door, and continue to be honest with yourself. Its the only path to long term success

Cal tracking is considered a good choice (whether boring or not) because it tells you where you really are (just like your check register tells you your balance) - remember to be honest with yourself all the time. Ultimately, you will achieve that which you are seeking much sooner.

Knowing that plus the support I get from my MFP buds make enough difference that Ive lost 50 in 235 days without doing anything stupid. You just find what works and then hammer the crap out of it, staying in the present while doing so.

If you will stay committed to this, your MFP tribe will commit to helping. Why? Because that's what we do. And we have ALL been there.

You only get one chance to live your life.

Please feel free to add me if you would like some help along the journey

Fsunami
  • sonyajoy76
    sonyajoy76 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me too! Motivation is always a [needed] push! :)

• TerrJohns
    TerrJohns Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Anyone feel free to add me also, because it's so much better when you share what you're going thru.
  • 64Brucey
    64Brucey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I've got over 100lbs to lose .... started after christmas weighing in at 301lbs have lost 5lbs this week but I am looking for support knowing that this will be a long journey.
  • sweetskeeter
    sweetskeeter Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone, today's a new day. its been awhile since I've walked any distance. I guess we just need to keep moving to get where we're going. :D
  • caitastic24
    caitastic24 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Definitely add me! I log in daily and post weekly :-)

I run monthly biking challenges, too. Biking is easy on your joints when you're starting off plus it's a good way to get muscle. If you are interested, you can join at: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101528-bikejanuary
  • FindingCindy721
    FindingCindy721 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I have a similar goal for losing...I'm looking to lose 140lbs. I started a group called L.O.S.T. (losing One Step at a Time) It's an open public group...the more the merrier...anyone looking for support and to be supportive please join! I truly believe support is a HUGE part of success!!!
  • ReallyHappilyMarried
    Options
    I need to drop a hundred pounds too. I could really use the support and motivation so feel free to add me. Would love to have someone who I can share recipes and tips with on a regular basis.
  • RCG01
    RCG01 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I also have a lot of weight to lose. So far I've lost 40 lbs over the course of 2013-2014, but I've got another 80 lbs to go and I'm hoping to lose it all or most of it in 2015. I just started using MFP this week (switched over from LoseIt) so I don't have any friends yet. Feel free to add me!
  • daniellis7474
    Options
    Today is day 2 and I'm trying to get my kitchen in order. I'm doing a cross between adkins and weight watchers.tomorrow morning I'm going to start and ride the bike for at least 15 minutes in the morning before I go to work.eating to lose 100 pounds or even a little more over that is going to be a challenge for me as always it has been throughout my life but hopefully with the support and fellowship on this site we all can get through it together.
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Just take one day at a time, I have been here for 601 days have not lost that much weight because of set backs in my health and breaking bones but I record everything I eat everyday. I am seeing a new nutritionist and she has set me on the right path. I'm sort of on Adkins with low carbs. I've sent you a friend request. Good Luck and maybe we can keep each other motivated!!
  • PurrlyGirl
    PurrlyGirl Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm on a 140lb journey so I know how daunting it can be. But it's doable. I'm slowly approaching my halfway mark and it came one day at a time. Add me if you'd like. :)
  • theintellectualafro
    Options
    So glad to have stumbled across this group. Would love to be added to the group and anyone else can add me too. I have 100 to 110 lbs to go. The first 10 (in my opinion) are the most difficult. Once you start seeing the changes in your clothes and feel better about yourself, then the process can be a bit addicting. My challenge is allowing "life" to take its course and for me to remain steady on mine. Look forward to being in partnership with all of you. Any thoughts about checking in? Sharing updates? Having small targets for the group?
  • ljubljena
    Options
    Trying to add people it won't let me. If you can add me please. Thanks for the support it means a lot and I'm not alone!

I would like to join toooo
  • ksmalls013
    ksmalls013 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name's Kelly. I'm 5'9" and 280 lbs. I have been in denial about the weight I have been gaining since I graduated college. I worked retail management for four years after and the yucky food court got to me. I am now in law school and want to get healthy not only because my body needs it but because good lord is it hard to find nice business clothes that fit. My goal weight is 165 (because that's technically within a healthy range for me), but I remember feeling healthy at 180. I've got a long way to go so I could use some friends!
  • tiffnkailey
    tiffnkailey Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 273
  • blcook23
    blcook23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I too have a lot of weight to lose 121lbs! I gained 20 of it back in the last 6months. If anyone wants additional support please add me. I started at 276lbs a few days ago. I too am also looking for some support as my boyfriend is trying to gain weight and me losing it so it hasn't really worked in my favor to now that I am saying no to what he wants to cook at home and getting serious to getting to 155lbs. Good Luck everyone and we can do it! It will take time but we can do it!
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I have been at this since June. I started with 160 lbs to lose and now after losing 86, I have 74 lbs to go! Anyone can add me! :D
  • IrZeo
    IrZeo Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I too have over 100 lbs to lose. Lost over 60 lbs so far since August 2014. Feel free to add me! :)