I eat a LOT of food. Help with cutting?

Options
2»

Replies

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I'm confused by the stats in your profile where you give your measurements with and without muscle.

The stats with muscle say your measurements are more than without muscle, which sounds like weight gain and not muscle. I say this because ladies who heavy weight lift generally lose inches and gain weight, not gain both inches and weight. Women do not bulk. Therefore, to me it sounds like you've been eating too much which has led to weight gain.

Weight lifting 1-2 hours every day is an awful lot, so along with the cardio, I can see why you are so hungry. I would suggest giving yourself rest days in between, and I'll bet your nausea and tiredness will work itself out. I also bet you will find it easier to portion out your food so that you can lose the weigh you want.

The best of luck to you.

• lifeskittles
    lifeskittles Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I get the confusion. I've been lifting for a few years. So my weight remains about the same and my inches increase in some places and decrease in others. My strength has increased and I have increased definition in those areas..i haven't been gaining body fat because I'm currently eating at maintenace...and if so it's minimal. I was aiming to do a body recomposition but I got impatient. I have a decent amount of muscle but I'd like to define my stomach and arms and cut some fat off of my inner thigh.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I get the confusion. I've been lifting for a few years. So my weight remains about the same and my inches increase in some places and decrease in others. My strength has increased and I have increased definition in those areas..i haven't been gaining body fat because I'm currently eating at maintenace...and if so it's minimal. I was aiming to do a body recomposition but I got impatient. I have a decent amount of muscle but I'd like to define my stomach and arms and cut some fat off of my inner thigh.

You are talking about spot reducing?

If so, you can't really choose where fat comes off.

If you are not talking about spot reducing, then please clarify.

• lifeskittles
    Options
    I'm aware you can't spot reduce. I was stating the areas I wanted to reduce in general. Meaning I was stating what I wanted to achieve with "cutting"
  • jahuntley27
    Options
    Thanks guys. And in reference to the pizza and sushi I ate it was my naughty food day....so that's why. And I add TONS of vegetables to my pizza, as well as eat it post work-out. Also, I don't log all the vegetables I eat, because I mostly use mfp to just track macros. And whoever posted about weighing food, I said I do weigh and measure my food in a post above. I do have a sushi addiction, ill admit...lol..Also, I eat the belvita biscuits for extra carbs pre-workout because they give me more sustained energy to lift heavier in the gym. I will consider substituting it for maybe some oatmeal though because you're right, it is a little high on the calorie side. I can't and won't do low carb diets because they make me feel like total *kitten*. I'm really active and I don't like feeling tired all the time, especially if I'm in the hospital all day. I think I'm just going to stick with maintenance for days that I'm really hungry, and days I feel I can eat less I will. I'm increasing strength in the gym and very slowly dropping body fat..so I guess I should just stick with what I'm doing. I'm just getting impatient. I've been working out for many years and still not where I'd like to be. I'm not overweight by any means, I just want to be leaner. I really want to do a figure competition someday.
    I went through a big egg - eating phase in the morning but got really burnt out on it. So I switched to the protein cereal. I know the cereal itself sucks on protein, but added with the protein enhanced milk it's about 18g of protein.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Have you tried a lower, but not "low carb" diet? Say carbs around 75-100g/day on one day, then a bit higher on the next, then a bit higher on the next, then drop back to the first day and repeat.
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I'm aware you can't spot reduce. I was stating the areas I wanted to reduce in general. Meaning I was stating what I wanted to achieve with "cutting"

Thanks for the clarification.
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    Jahuntleu
    Thanks guys. And in reference to the pizza and sushi I ate it was my naughty food day....so that's why. And I add TONS of vegetables to my pizza, as well as eat it post work-out. Also, I don't log all the vegetables I eat, because I mostly use mfp to just track macros. And whoever posted about weighing food, I said I do weigh and measure my food in a post above. I do have a sushi addiction, ill admit...lol..Also, I eat the belvita biscuits for extra carbs pre-workout because they give me more sustained energy to lift heavier in the gym. I will consider substituting it for maybe some oatmeal though because you're right, it is a little high on the calorie side. I can't and won't do low carb diets because they make me feel like total *kitten*. I'm really active and I don't like feeling tired all the time, especially if I'm in the hospital all day. I think I'm just going to stick with maintenance for days that I'm really hungry, and days I feel I can eat less I will. I'm increasing strength in the gym and very slowly dropping body fat..so I guess I should just stick with what I'm doing. I'm just getting impatient. I've been working out for many years and still not where I'd like to be. I'm not overweight by any means, I just want to be leaner. I really want to do a figure competition someday.
    I went through a big egg - eating phase in the morning but got really burnt out on it. So I switched to the protein cereal. I know the cereal itself sucks on protein, but added with the protein enhanced milk it's about 18g of protein.

Thanks for your input everyone!

Have you tried a lower, but not "low carb" diet? Say carbs around 75-100g/day on one day, then a bit higher on the next, then a bit higher on the next, then drop back to the first day and repeat.

No that is something I haven't tried. If I were to try it what percentage of carbs would I be looking at for each day? And how would I split the other 2 macros?
  • lifeskittles
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »

Thanks for the clarification.

No problemo! Thanks for posting. :)
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I'm eating more than I ought to. I don't know what you're doing, but in my case it's because I'm lazy and make pasta too often. I don't feel good with very minimal carbs, so I need to keep some in.

BUT I'm noticing that spending some of my carbs on beans and lentils helps reduce my appetite a bit (more fiber). I can't handle dealing with dried beans (I tried, too much hassle) so use cans. 1 can of lentils lasts me a couple of days - I throw like 1/2 or 1/4 cup in a soup or salad, makes a difference.

Another thing, personally, I'm not a fan of fussing with food all day, or being kind-of hungry all the time. I tend to do better on 3 good meals (500-700 cals, and I'm better when they're heavy on protein) and a snack at night.