57 lbs down!

Options
mkufahl
mkufahl Posts: 12 Member
Hey,
So here is my story... in Feb of 2013 my niece got baptized and I was asked to be the God Mother. I was very excited and when I left the house for the ceremony thought I looked good.... That was until everyone posted the pictures on FB and reality hit me on what I had actually looked like. I could tell you the story about how I have always been over weight but we have all heard it so many times I'll spare you. Any how after I saw those pictures I promised to be a better me. I started on MFP and did really well tracked my food and started working out on a regular basis. By August I was down about 30 lbs which is the best I had ever done on any diet! I was on a roll. Then in August 2013 one of the best things in the world happened! My husband and I found out we were expecting our 1st child! We were so happy and could not wait!! Aside from the obvious joy of being pregnant I was very worried that I would gain back all of the weight I had lost and the fear plagued me for my whole pregnancy. But with support from my friends and family and medical staff I was able to keep on track and have a healthy happy pregnancy and only gain about 20 lbs over all! And then on top of it 2 weeks after having my healthy baby girl I stepped on the scale and I was 10 lbs lighter than when I got pregnant! Man was I happy and ready to hit the ground running literally. I was never a runner in school and during my pregnancy I became obsessed with the idea of being able to run. So as soon as I was cleared by the doctor in late June 2014 I started the C25K program and soon became bored with it so I decided to give it a go on my own. I also started doing Zumba 4 times a week which I loved! By September 2014 I was almost down another 20 lbs and feeling great about it!.... Then I was late and we found out we are expecting yet again. As happy as I am about another baby I am really tired of being perpetually pregnant lol. I have not been as diligent on my healthy eating and controlling the over all weight gain with this pregnancy so I don't expect to ultimately loose weight this time around but I promised my self starting the new year I am going to get back on track and be healthy for myself and my babies! If I can I will get used to eating healthy and tracking food now I wont have to battle that after the new baby is here and I can hit the ground running again... Thank's for listening/ reading my story I hope this helps inspre someone!
Maggie

Stats
Feb 2013 265 lbs size xl/xxl shirts and size 22/24 shorts/jeans
Aug2013 235ish lbs size l/xl shirts and size 20 jeans/shorts
Sept 2014 208 lbs size l shirts and size 16/18 jeans/shorts

[img][/img]95a8e037-8c2c-4c49-b4b6-9feebba9571b.jpg[img][/img][img][/img]878f3c95-172c-405f-af6c-103a6656f2bc.jpg[img][/img]

Replies

• Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your expected little one! Also, thank-you for sharing your story... I started at the same weight as you, and seeing your success motivates me! Nice work!! :)
  • mom2mcjc
    mom2mcjc Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • logicalinks
    logicalinks Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Good job!! And good for you for wanting to be healthy for your kids. Not only will it help increase your odds of being there a long time for them, you'll be a good role model for healthiness as well! Congrats on the baby, and keep it up! (The weight loss, not the pregnancies. ;) )
  • rencawdor24
    rencawdor24 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is amazing progress, congratualtions!! Congrats on your babies too!

• Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Well done you on your success so far, your story will motivate many!!! Congratulations on the baby front.
  • You look fantastic. You should be so proud of yourself. Congrats on the baba's too :smiley:
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Beautiful :D
  • mkufahl
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • kufahlaatc123
    kufahlaatc123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I've told you how big of inspiration you are to me and look at how much of a inspiration you are to others. You are beautiful person inside and out no matter what size you are. I've watched you succeeded in so many aspects of you life in the last few years. You're babies are proud of you, your hubby is proud of you, I'm proud of you. Please don't forget to be proud of yourself. You got this. We will be running this year ;)
  • mkufahl
    Options
    Thanks TC!
  • kendalslimmer
    kendalslimmer Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your 2nd pregnancy honey, I hope it goes as smoothly as the last. I think you're doing so well on your weight loss journey, very inspirational! Xx
  • mkufahl
    Options
    Thank you!
  • LindaLee2015
    Options
    Congrats! And congrats on the babies!
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You are doing great.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!