Looking for inspiration, support and a bit of a giggle...

Options
Wow - that sounds way more like a bad dating ad than I planned it to!

Anyway...hi I'm Katie. I've dipped in and out of fitness over the last couple of years due to a whole myriad of excuses and have just got really bored of listening to myself make them.

I really need to lose 40+lbs but more importantly need to reach a point where I've got a good relationship with food and exercise so I'm healthy as a way of life, not just to get rid of the excess.

A lot of the time I'm put off by groups like this as am a bit overwhelmed, but have heard good things about this community so here I am!

Happy new year to you all and I'll look forward to chatting with you soon : )

Replies

• murtleturtle
    murtleturtle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Katie - my name's Lynne. I've been on and off my fitness pal for the last 2 years and I've found it really helpful in keeping me on track when I set my mind to it! I tend to yoyo but this year I'm determined to lose 42lb ( though I'm weighing in kg as it's less intimidating!!) and keep it off but I'm looking for the same as you to keep me going - support without having to pay £4.75 a month at a club for the privilege of being weighed! Happy New Year and good luck!
  • katie_bayliss
    Options
    Hi Lynne : ) thanks for the reply! Great to hear from people in the same boat. I tried a group out last year who I thought were in the same pickle as me and ended up being all super fit CrossFit experts, so I felt a little out of my depth and a bit rubbish fairly quickly! I've gone for lbs as it feels like they shift more quickly as they're not as much as a kilo! Good luck to you too : ) hope to see you around here!
  • fatgirlslimmer2015
    Options
    Hi! Im with you on the not paying thing. I start my 'healthy eating' tomorrow. I have tried every diet going (ww, sw, low carb etc) constantly yo-yo-ing. Also have about 3 and a half stone to lose by August if possible!!
  • murtleturtle
    murtleturtle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I've already started - usually wait until a Monday but thought 'enough is enough' and went for it on New Years Day (apart from a few glasses of Prosecco but it was New Year's Day after all!) I think lbs is probably better Katie but I'm still a bit in denial so don't want to know exactly how much I weigh - I'm still clueless (within a few lbs) about kgs so I don't feel so bad when I step on the scales!
  • katie_bayliss
    Options
    Totally with you Lynne in terms of denial...stopped measuring stones a long time ago as that's the number that really resonates! TERRIFYING!

fatsirlslimmer2015 I started yesterday purely so Monday doesn't seem quite so bad! : )