20lb loss by march 1st, anyone in?

Options

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    rsjohnb wrote: »
    Hey buddy, FR sent.

My Cal goal is 1600 but I try and hit 1400 cause I end up going a bit nuts at the weekend (makes sense in my head haha)
    Seems so low a calorie goal.

Why not lose slower and do it right? You'll prob be more likely to stick with it, and be happy while doing it.

:)

• viviannewalker
    viviannewalker Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Want to lose 42lbs this year so that will be a great goal to start me off!
  • kasbyKSB
    Options
    Hi I would like to give this a try - Just joined my fitness pal 3 days ago - My daily cal goal is 2000 - I'm very overweight - can anyone tell me if 2000 is too much ? Or shall I go down to 1200 and use exercise to bump it up ?
  • nikkistuhlmiller
    nikkistuhlmiller Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Im in!
  • pumpthejam2015
    pumpthejam2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    ok let's do it!
  • Raykels
    Raykels Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'd love to lose 20lb by then! Im 154 and want to get back to 115 by my birthday in July! Im on 2lbs a week loss, 1200 calories a day!
  • kathf123
    kathf123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the challenge!!!
    kasbyKSB wrote: »
    Hi I would like to give this a try - Just joined my fitness pal 3 days ago - My daily cal goal is 2000 - I'm very overweight - can anyone tell me if 2000 is too much ? Or shall I go down to 1200 and use exercise to bump it up ?

Hi Kasby,

Your calorie goal can be very different from others depending on your height, weight, age, and activity level. Since I input my activity based on an activity tracker I always use the sedentary activity factor to get a more accurate calorie goal. If you are planning on inputting workouts I would use sedentary as activity level to get a more accurate calorie goal.
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey!!

Thanks to everyone for joining in, Sooo much easier when your not on your own.

Ill update my profile tomorrow and use that as my starting weight.

GOOD LUCK everybody :)
  • Trukngrl
    Trukngrl Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Well heck, all this positive vibes floating around here you have all sucked me into your challange, encouragement and coolness that will be had celebrating by shopping on March 1st!! That means I would have 28 days before my birthday (4 full weeks) for a new goal for then.

I am 212, looking to lose 72 {wow that looks as bad as it sounded on paper}. I keep the calories about 1500 and don't eat back the exercise brownie points- as I would eat brownies.

Bring on the fun, sweat and change!
  • laurie9401
    Options
    I'm. In Im on an 1100 daily with treadmill daily at least 30min until I. Lose 20lbs then ill increase calories to 1200 for the last 20lbs. Currently at an all time high of 170lbs
  • sumofRactions
    sumofRactions Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sounds tough but you've all got me convinced that it can be done, count me in!
  • amy00000
    amy00000 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. 1200 cal a day. 20lbs by 3/1 sounds great to me!
  • Janie129
    Janie129 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Count me IN....Need all the motivation I can get :) 178lb 1200 daily calories. ..Let's get this started!!!..Goal weight 140lb
  • earthangels3
    Options
    I'm on! Just joined 3 days ago,I've got 1500 calories to play with and juggle at present,good luck everyone :)
  • motivated2419
    motivated2419 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! Looks like a bunch a great motivational people on here!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm in, too...
  • jcking123
    Options
    I'm Game. I'm 6'4" 245. I just want to look good with out my shirt on. Doesn't matter what weight I end up at (I'm sure it is more than 20 pounds but would be a good start).
  • taraja88
    taraja88 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 16 pounds to lose. 1200-1300 calories a day. Hope I can get that rocking body by then. Gym is a huge component to this transformation for me. Stats 5'0 116 pounds.
  • suzec02
    suzec02 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me in, I need the motivation!! I started, again, on the 1st and I have 30lbs to lose.
    I have been tracking my daily 1200 calories and I'm trying to drink the recommended 64oz of water a day.