Haven't weighed in since NOVEMBER

Options
islandnutshel
islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
Ok, it's been on my mind and so I am putting it out there. It have been a year since I've been on this site, and I was doing a slow and steady loss of 5 pounds a month from to May to November. I lost 30 pounds!!! Then I got sick, then we moved to another town, and then I procrastinated. Now that I have been back a few weeks I am wanting to moniter my progress but I am afraid of my number. I left off at 187 and I would be devistated to find myself above 200 again. I know I gained some weight back but how much.
Am I the only one terrified of a number. Would it discourage me so much that I gave up? Is this thought process strange?
HELP!

Replies

• dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You can't change what you don't acknoledge. Hop on the scale and get it over with.

Best wishes
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed in since February. I had been off a couple weeks (or months - shut up) and I thought I had gained. Well, I'd only gained about 4 pounds soooooo I quit again - cause I suck at logic like that. Now I KNOW I've gained at least 10 and I haven't been back on the scale since. But I've been back on here 3 days... that counts right?
  • gameovergt
    gameovergt Posts: 502
    Options
    no matter what be happy with what you do have or the way you are. good luck
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    I haven't weighed in since February. I had been off a couple weeks (or months - shut up) and I thought I had gained. Well, I'd only gained about 4 pounds soooooo I quit again - cause I suck at logic like that. Now I KNOW I've gained at least 10 and I haven't been back on the scale since. But I've been back on here 3 days... that counts right?

I so understand your logic, Glad to have you out there with me.
  • gambitsgurl
    Options

Just cause I'm stupid doesn't mean we are right. Ok - what day do you and I vow to actually get on the scale?
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I hadn't weighed in months! Then I did one day and was over 200lbs, after I cried for an hour, I got my butt up got found this site again and worked my butt off! I am down 7 lbs right now in 2 weeks and have been working very hard at changing all of me!! I feel better and have more energy then ever before! Do it then change it!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This happened to me. My husband got very sick a couple years ago, and frankly, dieting and losing weight just didn't matter anymore if he was going to die. After about 6 months, he was fine, but the damage was done to my body. I put off getting back to dieting b/c I was scared of how much I'd gained. I waited another 6 months out of fear. I wish I hadn't. Don't wait any longer. Treat it like a band-aid. Just rip it off. Get on the scale, then you'll know, and the fear will go away. Probably to be replaced with disappointment, but you'll lose again. Just try not to beat yourself up. I try. I still sometimes beat myself up. But I try not to.
  • Windi38
    Windi38 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You can't change what you don't acknoledge. Hop on the scale and get it over with.

Best wishes

my thoughts. In the end, it doesn't matter, because you are back and focused again. Jump on the scale, figure out where you are and draw the line in the sand and move on.

Last spring March 1st, I thought I got serious about losing the weight, I even took a before picture of myself and everything. I lost about 15 pounds and then summer came along and I quit. Pretty much gained every pound back. Then, toward the end of this March, I realized I really WAS serious about it. This time my 15 pound loss was in one month instead of over 4.

Do I beat myself up over the fact that I could have done this last year, and that I had to take those 15 pounds off AGAIN? yeah, sometimes, but it's done and I can't change it. So I'm just moving on and looking always forward!!!!

good luck!
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Welcome to day 1 of your journey... again
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere - probably here - someone's blog.... not getting on the scale is like ignoring a tornado warning.... just because you don't acknowledge it doesn't mean it's not gonna come and destroy your house.
  • islandnutshel
    Options

Just cause I'm stupid doesn't mean we are right. Ok - what day do you and I vow to actually get on the scale?

OH you make me laugh. How about two weeks from now. It will make me be such a good girl. May 18th!!!!
    I'm friending you,
    Shel
  • arwamya
    arwamya Posts: 304
    Options
    I haven't weighed since feb myself but that's because i wanted to concentrate more on eating habits and work out. I'd advice get on the scale, see the number, put in an effort to bring it down. You can do this !!
  • gambitsgurl
    Options

OH you make me laugh. How about two weeks from now. It will make me be such a good girl. May 18th!!!!
    I'm friending you,
    Shel

I have to go get the kids - skool is already out. When I get back I'll accept and then we have to talk each other into coming back tomorrow.
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    I hadn't weighed in months! Then I did one day and was over 200lbs, after I cried for an hour, I got my butt up got found this site again and worked my butt off! I am down 7 lbs right now in 2 weeks and have been working very hard at changing all of me!! I feel better and have more energy then ever before! Do it then change it!

WELL DONE! I admire your courage
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    try thinking of it this way:

Your present weight is ONLY important as a tool so you can measure your successes from this day forward.
    What you've done in the past doesn't really matter. All that matters is today, and tomorrow *S*
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I know you're going to get on the scale. Good luck. And, I wish you the best of luck in your weight loss journey.

Lynn
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    KNowing your number could motivate you more.. if you were over 200 that could be the push to get you back on track (not saying it is a good thing)... Use the scale as your motivation.
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    try thinking of it this way:

Your present weight is ONLY important as a tool so you can measure your successes from this day forward.
    What you've done in the past doesn't really matter. All that matters is today, and tomorrow *S*

That's way to sensible and logical. BUT thanks
  • islandnutshel
    Options
    I read somewhere - probably here - someone's blog.... not getting on the scale is like ignoring a tornado warning.... just because you don't acknowledge it doesn't mean it's not gonna come and destroy your house.

To all you sensible and probably correct people, thanks! Your right, BUT I am going to procrastite for two more weeks and use it as a motivator, THEN I will post my weight, whatever it is and be done with it.

I've never been good at removing the bandaids.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Don't forget...you have 45 friends here on MFP rooting for you, and we'll be helping you all the way through!:bigsmile: