Hi everyone... I'm Maureen...

Options
:)
Just re-discovered this web site...need to get back into shape & lose the 10 lbs that have crept up on me over the past 6 months. I lost 3 stone with WeightWatchers, couple of years ago, but need to get back on track as the wardrobe all seem to have "shrunk" lately.
Thinking of getting a Fitbit, to help with the exercise part of things, just celebrated my 67th birthday, so not getting the energy to walk as far as I used to. Are they worth the expense? But I suppose anything that makes you think "I'll get up & make those numbers higher" must be part of the mind-set already!
Anyway...nice to "meet" you All! :D

Replies

• gonna_do_it_56
    gonna_do_it_56 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Hi Maureen... 're fitbit ..I got the fitbit flex and found it did get you to think more but I now have a vivofit which I find better ....also think the Garmin website is better.I gave the fitbit to my husband's and he loves it. Fitbit has lights which go up in 2000 steps(default setting) and flash when fitbit is tapped.Vivofit has numbers...resets goals according to your activity and shows red when you need to move...does n't need recharging like fitbit. Best thing to do IMO is to go on forums and see.Good luck...if you want to friend me please do...Happy to receive and give support..
  • mikerouse
    mikerouse Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Personally speaking I have bought these various gadgets in the past and they just end up in a drawer eventually once the novelty has worn off. They work for some - a friend of mine has a heart rate monitor system he still uses 3 years down the line. You'll know which type you are.

Good luck with your journey either way!
  • mmw67
    mmw67 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies, and for the offers of support, but tbh I'm finding that sitting here trying to input food etc takes me so long, I feel guiltly spending so long doing it..when I should be doing other things! (Does that make sense?)