Exercises at the Desk?

Options
I work in the city and am sitting down practically 7 hours a day. I am going back to the gym 2-3 times a week but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas for some inconspicuous desk exercises?

I try to make a point of standing up and walking around when I am on the phone and I am going to make more of an effort to go out for a walk at lunch time but I just don't know how to incorporate anything into my 7 hour a day sitting down routine?

Replies

• SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    LOL! None inconspicuous, but I have a timer set to go off every hour, and for 45 seconds I do a calisthenic at my desk...burpees, high knees, etc. But I have a boss that blasts Bon Jovi from her office, so she doesn't even blink when I jump out of my chair...no one does anymore. They act like it's just a normal day. :D
  • harriyot
    harriyot Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've made myself a standing desk. I do circuits - work sitting then work standing. I tend to yink about when I'm standing so that helps. Give it a go!
  • golgoroo
    golgoroo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I had the same thought yesterday & found this post with several good ideas I'm going to incorporate. I don't think any of them will burn serious calories, but it will keep my blood flowing & that's gotta be good.
    http://greatist.com/fitness/deskercise-33-ways-exercise-work
  • Time2Change42015
    Time2Change42015 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks @golgoroo‌ :-) some really good ones in there! I need the ones that are barely noticeable and there are a couple there.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I make myself walk up 3 flights at least twice during the day plus take a half hour walk at lunchtime then take the dog out for an hour after work ...on non gym days ...on gym days I ease off a bit and try to get 5000 steps minimum