Uncertainty is my worst enemy

Options
Hello, My weight is escalating and I am on a journey that I have absolutely no idea how to get myself back in shape. I am currently trying to lose weight and not sure where to start. I know I need support so have found myself here. I think I need a friend, motivation, guidance and as many ideas and insight as possible OR willing to learn together. I have tried true life friends to motivate one another and the other person always flakes. I am in and really am ready to do this. Can I get some help? Who's in?

Replies

• Desalinadokaz
    Desalinadokaz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to learn together! I was logging regularly and doing okay for about 18 months, then for the last year I have barely logged, weighed etc.

I'm sure there are people on here who can offer you different advice but for me, it was a case of trial and error. I logged absolutely everything, even on a bad day so that I could see exactly what I'd eaten and where I'd gone wrong. Sometimes it was really obvious but other times, not so much. For instance, I'd regularly have a hot chocolate and carrot cake from a local sandwich shop in the afternoons. I realised it wasn't the best choice but I didn't realise just how calorific it was.

I also learnt to recognise the danger times for me and how to compensate for them.

Lastly, nobody is perfect so one of the biggest learning curves for me has been to pick myself up and carry on after a binge or when it was a 'bad' day. I learnt that it was just that...a bad day, a bad meal etc. It didn't have to escalate into a bad week, a bad month or a bad year!

I hope that's helpful. Feel free to add me :smile: I must warn you though, I don't eat 'clean'. I prefer the 'everything in moderation' way of thinking!
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've sent you a request :) I think you have to log and see what you're eating and then try to find a goal that suits you. One thing I would say is don't beat yourself up if you go wrong! Log it and then start the next day fresh