Tell me if you like fitbit?

Options
So I just ordered a fitbit online and I am waiting for it to get here. Tell me how you like it, pros, cons, helpful tips etc... Has it really helped in your weight loss journey?

Replies

• mbcaldwell123
    mbcaldwell123 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit. It has absolutely opened my eyes about the lack of activity during my day and just how poorly I really sleep.
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    So what are you doing about your sleep?
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit flex and love it. I like not having to log in my individual exercises as I care more about total calories burned, which the Flex calculates and syncs with my MFP account. I like knowing exactly how many calories I have to play with each day.
  • deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I loved my fitbit until it broke. I am waiting on the new Charge HR to come out in stores. It really motivated me to get moving and to not sit still for to long. I did not use it for sleep as I already know I only sleep 4 or so hours a night and it bothers me to have something on my wrist when im sleeping. Which model did your order? We might be able to give you the pros and cons of that device
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    I have a very sedentary job, I am a administrative nurse that sits at a computer for 12 hour shifts :\ So I think it will motivate me to get up and move. I will be looking for friends to help keep me motivated too.
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    I ordered the fitbit flex from QVC because they had it for $89 divided over four months. Pretty hard not find that appealing.
  • Pinktoes49
    Pinktoes49 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit flex. It has encouraged me to be a bit more active, so I purposely move around a lot more at work to get the steps in. I was surprised at my sleep record as I thought I slept quite badly, but surprisingly, very little restless/awake periods. All in all, the flex is good although still quite basic but can be used as a motivator for moving around. I also sycn it with MFP account. Hope you get on ok with yours when it arrives.
  • jfmejia
    Options
    M y son just got me the flex - I wish I had gotten the one that measures stairs because in the summer I climb thousands of stairs as part of my workouts. My son tore up the box opening it so I don't think I can exchange it. I like it though.
  • jfmejia
    Options
    I love VISUALLY seeing my progress because I stopped losing weight months ago so it is helpful in motivation.
  • Pucks_and_Balls
    Pucks_and_Balls Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had the Flex and wanted to like it, but I must've gotten a defective one because it never held a charge. Mine would have battery for about 3-4 hours and be dead. I also was disappointed it only tracked steps, so it didn't seem to recognize my BodyPump class, for example, as work even though I always get a good workout there. I thought about trying again with the recent QVC special, then decided it wasn't worth the risk if the second one was defective.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I had the Fitbit Charge but ended up returning it. I didn't find that it was very accurate and the one that I had would say I was awake more times than I actually was. I do think it is a good motivational tool for those who need that extra push and who like to walking for their daily excercise.
  • formonte
    Options
    Which one counts steps? The QVC offer is pretty much a no brainer!
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Eileen_S wrote: »
    I had the Fitbit Charge but ended up returning it. I didn't find that it was very accurate and the one that I had would say I was awake more times than I actually was. I do think it is a good motivational tool for those who need that extra push and who like to walking for their daily excercise.

FINALLY! I see someone who was having the same problem with the Charge as me. I got mine for Christmas and was using it up until 2 days ago. I have had the Zip previously and loved it. But the Charge was terrible! I could rack up hundreds of steps by just sitting, typing on the computer, riding in a car and even sleeping. If you are looking for accuracy I would avoid the wrist ones. I am going to exchange mine today for the One as it sits closer to your body like the zip and will be (hopefully) far more accurate.
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    Well, I guess I will see. I will let you guys know how I do with it.
  • rainydays5
    rainydays5 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    formonte wrote: »
    Which one counts steps? The QVC offer is pretty much a no brainer!

They all count steps but the zip and I think the flex do not count stairs.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Love it

I started with the flex and wore it 24/7... Really motivating to up activity when not doing specific workouts

I swapped to a zip because I wanted to wear bracelets and didn't really track my sleep...

I wear it constantly
  • rekite2000
    rekite2000 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I had the One and now Flex (like wearing it on my wrist). I trained for the 60 mile walk for Susan G komen so it was awesome for that. Ended up doing over 150k steps over three days!

If you have any issues with it- go to fitbit customer service. My One stopped working for no reason after 9 months- they sent me a new one. My SIL's wouldn't hold a charge- they sent her a new one. As long as you purchased it from a proper distributor, they are very willing to help. I had my receipt so that made it super easy. Amazing customer service!

I linked mine to MFP and before I fell off the wagon, the calorie count was very accurate. Seems to be the same now, but it has only couple of weeks. I also love the challenges- my husband and I are competitive so we will walk aimlessly just to win :-)!
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have the Flex and I really like it. It shows me everything I wanted out of a Fitbit, connects to MFP, and is water proof…my husband and I both have them and some of our friends have them too, we all do challenges together!
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    I will be the voice of dissent here. I have a One and I don't like it. I find the calories it gives me for lots of my activity to be ludicrous especially when compared to my HRM. Example: on vacation this past fall, my husband and I hiked a mountain. Big elevation gain, several hours at a high altitude. 200 calories was all fitbit said I burned. I have a friend on here who mostly hikes for her exercise. Fitbit will giver her more calories burned for trying on pants than a two hour hike!

I only use it to make certain I don't spend too much time plopped on the couch in the afternoon so it's just an expensive pedometer for me now. I previously had a body media and liked it much better. I felt the calories were more accurate, it was seamless for sleep tracking but it was too obtrusive and I got tired of wearing it and the bad tan lines it gave me which is why I switched to the fitbit. My HRM is a much more valuable gadget to me and the thing I can't live without.
  • erinknurse1
    Options
    cardbucfan thank you for your honesty. I will see how it goes and if I don't like it, I will return it. I am wanting something helpful not something absolutely useless. Time will tell. :)