6 Month Hiatus......

Options
So with the new year, I think it's time to get started again. When the holidays rolled around, I sort of said "eff it" to watching what I ate and I've discovered I'm slowly falling back into old habits, such as consuming a whole bag of potato chips in one day. And Fig Newtons. I'm completely ashamed of myself for allowing this to happen. Whats even worse is that I haven't done any true exercising since the beginning of July. I can tell you that I was depressed due to several things going on at that point with work and family. I can also tell you that is when my phentermine perscription ran out and I wasn't able to get it refilled. What it all added up to was me not feeling like moving my flabby butt beyond what I had to do that month and then it just kind of became the norm again.

Now it's time to kick myself in the *kitten* and get back on track. I still don't buy soda at the grocery store, but I've slacked on my water intake and sort of replaced it with cheap gas station cappucinno. I drink water, just not as much as I should be. I need to get back into buying ground turkey instead of ground beef. I need to start drinking smoothies again (1cup frozen strawberry/banana, 1 scoop orange sherber, 1 cup orange juice). But most importantly, I need to start exercising again. A girlfriend at work has recommended Leslie Sansome "Walk at Home" videos, so I'm going to give those a try. I'm sick of feeling like crap all the time. I'm sick of wondering if I'll be able to fit in the amusement park ride if they close the safety latch all the way. I'm sick of joints hurting and I'm starting to get out of breath when I walk a little too fast at work. Some days I"m just not sure the best way to go about doing this.

Replies

• deladypilot
    deladypilot Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. I too had a horrible 6 months. Put weight back on and now it is time to get with it. I know how to do it and what needs to be done, just have to get off my butt and quit making excuses for myself. Lets get it done
  • ohmgetsfit
    ohmgetsfit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have also fallen off, since about June, and gained 20 lbs! *cry*
  • Cherie1n2n3n4
    Cherie1n2n3n4 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    If any of you need another motivational buddy feel free to send me a request! ..I lost down to 165 in August and decided to take my birthday off.. Then it became my birthday week.. Then I stepped on the scale at school in December and I'd gained to 195! ( and yes, I was eating everything plus my teenage daughter found a passion for baking muffins!!) I backed off the food and got back to 185 by Jan 1st., my new official start date.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Tbh take it as an opportunity to rethink and replan how you are going to lose weight. Keep it simple.

Your#1 target should be weighing food and accurate logging, so you hit calorie targets and sustain deficits.

Exercise simply start at whatever level sustain it and then increase duration and intensity. Walking is a good place to begin.

Be kind and supportive of yourself, dont beat yourself up but dont allow excuses either.
  • Jazzysoul
    Jazzysoul Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    OP, I can relate. I haven't been to the gym since August and have gained about 20 lbs. I stopped logging my food and quickly found myself picking up bad habits that I thought I had conquered. As of today, I'm back to logging my food and exercising. I can barely fit into my clothes and I refuse to buy bigger clothes. Good luck to you. We can do this!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    Not knowing where to start makes everything feel overwhelming, but it doesn't need to be. Keep it simple. Start a list with the few things you mentioned in your OP:
    1. drink more water
    2. buy turkey instead of beef; make healthier choices at the grocery store
    3. move more today than I did yesterday
    etc. Keep building on this list and don't beat yourself up for set backs. They will happen, but don't let them control you. Lots of good advice is on these forums. Read through the success stories.