What time of day do you run?

Options
2»

Replies

• WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Around 10.30 or 11 a.m. seems to be the best time for me - for some reason it just feels the best at that time. I've had breakfast, a few cups of coffee, and sat in on a lot of meetings by then so I'm ready to move. (I work from home so nobody cares if I'm sitting there all stinky and sweaty!)
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    If I can I usually run a couple hours after I wake up/eat in the morning (ideally). If not then it's usually before I eat dinner. It really just depends on my school/work schedule because it's always changing.
  • frank6666
    frank6666 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I prefer to run early in the morning but with the job and the kids I have to say I run when I can...
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    It varies for me. Weekday runs tend to be less than 90 minutes and are generally in the evening. I have some dried fruit or a granola bar a couple of hours beforehand.

Long runs are on weekends and I do them in the forenoon, up to 12-15Km I'll manage on some fruit and coffee, more than that I'll need to have some porridge or cereal.
  • mrsKOrtiz
    mrsKOrtiz Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    As a student, mom, and wife I need to find a good schedule for me. But as of right now, I run whenever I can fit it in. But like I said I need a schedule!
  • wifeoferp
    wifeoferp Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I used to run first thing in the morning, but with five kids and some very early start times, I was having to get up too early. Now I find that if I eat a light breakfast around 6-6:30, I am ready to run after my last child gets on the bus at 8:15.