Need someone on the same unique page? Petite, 40+ lbs to lose, vegan/vegetarian

Options
I've decided I can't do it alone! I would love to find some people in the same boat. Sometimes the more general motivational groups are too vague and I feel lost in the crowd.
I'm a mom of two little ones, trying to finally lose the baby weight, and struggling to stay motivated and actually commit while balancing everything else in life!

5'2, 164, hoping to lose around 40, and I am vegan. I just started the 21 Day Fix workouts.

Replies

• CBuonavolonta
    CBuonavolonta Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessie, I am in a similar situation. I am a 30y/o mom of 2 (3 &8) trying to find time to workout. I am vegetarian so I find it hard to search for diet advice online that doesn't suggest "lean meat". I just finished week 3 of T25. I would love a motivation buddy!
  • jessie126
    Options
    Hi CBuonavolonta! Let's help each other!
    Do you follow a specific diet plan right now or are you just counting calories?
    I am trying to follow the nutrition plan from 21 Day Fix. It's mostly portion control and eating balanced, but the only vegetarian protein options are tofu and veggie burger, and you're supposed to eat 4 servings a day! I occasionally eat fish, but not that often. I am mostly paying attention to calories and sugar.
  • hayleymawr
    hayleymawr Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi, can I join in? Im 186lbs at 5"4 so need to lose at least 50lbs ( more really but 50 seems achievable any more is daunting at the minute) I'm just committing to a month of vegan/ vegetarian and I'll see where I go from there.

I'm a mother of two (4 and 6) and completely understand the struggle to find time to excercise around them. Started jillian michaels shred today, but food wise I'm just counting the calories, trying to lay off the sugar etc. I only start to worry about protein/ nutrient ratios if I start to feel it- right now ( day two ) I feel fine and have plenty of energy, if I start worrying I can then start to obsess so try to avoid it.

Add me if you like :)

Good luck
  • mrsmerre
    mrsmerre Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Can I join you guys? I'm 32, 5'2" vegetarian living in small town Ethiopia so my protein sources are limited. I would like to find other veggies to help me stay motivated. I have T25 and am planning to start that program
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm also vegan - don't have that much to lose, but I wouldn't mind some support. In addition to running regularly, I started doing a Fitnessblender workout almost every day about two months ago, and it's been great - I have not lost any weight (because I didn't pay any attention to how much I ate, that's changing now!), but I'm already starting to feel that I'm getting fitter and stronger.
  • FruityCutie16
    Options
    I am a raw until four vegan, I am 240lbs and need to lose 70lbs to be considered healthy by my doctor. I need help I need to lose this weight. If you have any tips I am willing to try anything.
  • liveagain
    liveagain Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I am a raw until four vegan, I am 240lbs and need to lose 70lbs to be considered healthy by my doctor. I need help I need to lose this weight. If you have any tips I am willing to try anything.
    What is "raw until four"?
  • Chandler330
    Chandler330 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    So glad I found this thread! I'd love to have some vegan/ vegetarian friends here on MFP :) I'm surrounded by carnivores offline who don't understand my choices for adopting a mostly vegan diet and it would be nice to have some friends who understand. Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • KrisBitz
    KrisBitz Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hey Everyone! I am happy this thread exists! And I would love if all the vegans/vegetarians/rawtill4's sent me a friend request! I've recently made the decision to go Vegan and don't have any support within my community, as there are no Vegan restaurants. So I am learning to cook more!

I've been following RawTill4 (Which is where you eat raw fruits & veggies till 4pm then for dinner you have a cooked Vegan meal), for the past few days. I've tried it out in the past and it made me feel really good and I had great energy, but I wasn't 100% ready or prepared for the change, now I am!

So like I said, if you are following a Vegan/Vegetarian/RawTill4 diet please PLEASE feel free to add me!!! I have NO VEGAN FRIENDS, in real life or on MFP. And I feel strength in numbers!!!

Best of luck to everyone on here with there goals! <3
  • jessie126
    Options
    Hi everyone! Glad to see there are other Veggies out there!
    It can be so tough to find support in the diet/weight loss world because everything seems to revolve around animal proteins and dairy.
    I will add everyone and try to check back on this thread every night!

My goal this week is to fight back against that little voice that tries to hold me back. The one that says "you're too tired to work out", "just have some candy, you're stressed." and "stop the workout! it's too hard!". I'm trying to recognize when I'm having those thoughts and say a big "F you!" lol

Today was good, but I've been stalling my workout since the kids went to bed, I'm going to log off and finally do it!

Start the week off great tomorrow ladies! :)
  • sis229
    sis229 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have a meal plan and exercise plan here rawfoodmealplanner.com/category/meal-plans/. All the meals are vegan with a heavy emphasis on raw whole foods.
  • margaretdoggett1
    margaretdoggett1 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi I am vegan as well. This is very healthy 4 me and I want to get rid of the weight I gained over Holidays. Its coming off slowly but surly :)
  • roseypdx
    roseypdx Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am a vegan as well. Was mostly vegetarian since August and went full vegan just in December. Would love the support and will add you as friends and keep checking this thread!
  • pandorahp
    pandorahp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm mostly vegetarian but eat fish every so often. I'm looking to lose about 25 pounds. I do yoga 2-3 times a week and have been trying to adhere to a 1200 calorie diet (which is the hardest part for me). In addition I've started upping my cardio as well, I just moved to a new state not too long ago, and could use some support. Feel free to add me! Thanks!
  • TMcKoss
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 5'-4" and 150 lbs. I'm vegetarian/mostly vegan for 7 years, but tend to cheat when it comes to desserts! I'm on day 3 of Dr. K's 14 day fat loss solution. The first 6 days have the "717 rule" of 7 grams sugar & 17 grams carbs. I LOVE my carbs, so it's been interesting to see if I could do it. But unless I only eat tofu and coconut oil or protein shakes, it's very difficult! Anyone try this before?
  • FitMrsC
    FitMrsC Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am new here and based in UK. I am 43yo. I am vegetarian 30 years and recently became vegan. I eat way too much carbohydrate it seems. I want to lose 42lbs...and would love to join a group to help.

Not sure how MFP communities etc works....
  • dsindu
    dsindu Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is amazing!! I'm vegan/vegetarian mother of 3. It is amazing to read about people like me who struggle with motherhood, diet, support, eating choices, etc. please add me to your group. Although I'm not trying to lose weight, losing 10-15 lbs would be nice. However, it is hard to find time to exercise and balance my family's diet and mine. BTY I weight 155 and I'm 5'4" and live in Houston, TX.
    I'm looking forward to cheer you up :)